Roger that…Over and Out. Put a walkie talkie in your kids hands and the fun begins!
Kids can take off running, hiding, spying, planning or just play crazy games with one another when they have the ability to communicate over the radio airways.
When choosing a set of walkie talkie for kids, it’s best to factor in how many children will be using them. You can purchase some in packs of two or four, depending upon how many you need. Also if your kids are trying to play with other neighbors and friends that have various walkie talkies, then you will want to search for the ones that aren’t limited in their channel pickups.
Most of the walkie talkies listed below are smaller and made for easy grip, they have simple functions like push to talk buttons and offer a limited number of channels. Some of them also have an LED light built in, so you can have a handy flashlight if it gets dark.
Another new feature of walkie talkies is an auto squelch function. This built in technology mutes all loud background noises, from TVs to cars and trains. That way your voice is heard loud and clear without any muffling or overshadowing of louder noises.
Don’t forget that durability is definitely something to consider, as these devices will need drop protection in order to last longer. The walkie talkies below are suitable for children as young as 4 years, or over 5 year olds to teens.
Best Walkie Talkies for Kids
1. Motorola Rechargeable Two Way Radio 4 PackMotorola Rechargeable Two Way Radios. This set comes with two walkie talkies that have a rechargeable battery which will give you up to 10 hours of use. They can be tuned to one of 22 channels and have a 23 miles range. The handsets are also dust proof and are protected from vertical dripping water, such as rain.
2. 7Tech Kids Walkie Talkies
Built for fun, the 7Tech Kids Walkie Talkies has a range of two miles and offers a clear sound quality. They have an LED screen with a backlight and an LED light on the top so you don’t get lost in a dark spot. These walkie talkies are a little smaller so are easier for smaller kids to carry around and use.
3. RetevisRetevis walkie talkie for kids. This two piece set has 22 channels, a 3000 feet range and clear communication capabilities. This set also features a VOX function that allows kids to communicate with neighbors hands free. The walkie talkies also feature a belt clip and GMRS channels.
4. Little Pretender Walkie TalkiesLittle Pretender Walkie Talkies have three built in channels, a two mile range and have a clear crystalized sound so that your voice isn’t jumbled. They are also durable with a lightweight build and are easy to carry around. When daylight fades, these walkie talkies are still ready to play with an LED display and an LED flashlight.
5. J-TOOJ-TOO childrens walkie talkies are perfect for grab and go playtime and have a three mile range. A built in flashlight and backlight LCD screen let kids keep playing when the sun goes down. There is also an auto squelch function that will mute background noises so that your voice comes in clear and loud. These walkie talkies will go for 3.5 hours of continued use and 9 hours on standby battery life.
6. Spy GearSpy Gear Video Walkie Talkies. These walkie talkies for kids are loaded with ways to play and have fun. You can do simple video chat or set up the device to spy and watch from afar. These talkies have a range of 160 feet and allow you to stay in constant communication with your partner. No WiFi is needed to use the video function.
7. UOKOO Kids Walkie TalkiesUOKOO Kids Walkie Talkies. These talkies have a range of up to six miles and can broadcast to one or multiple units. They have a clear sound, an LCD display, a battery light indicator and a clip on belt holder.
8. Floureon Two WayFloureon Two Way walkie talkie for kids. This four talkie set has a three mile range and supports 22 channels. They offer a clear and crisp sound with an auto squelch function to mute background noises. Sometimes getting more than two walkie talkies is a good idea when cousins or friends come for playdates.
9. KidzlaneKidzlane walkie talkies are easy to use and ready for unlimited fun. These two walkie talkie for kids are perfect for little hands and young minds. They offer three easy to find channels with a slide button, a two mile range and have a durable build. They also have a built in belt clip on and LED light indicators to let you know when they are on or if the battery is running low.
10. Nerf Walkie TalkiesNerf Walkie Talkies. This two piece set offers fun at the touch of a button. They have a range of 1000 feet and have a morse code button on the front for secret messages. The talkies have a rugged sport design that keeps them durable during play.
You might also like:
Last update on 2017-11-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API