If you’re looking for some cool tech gifts for tweens, you’ve come to the right place. These are the hottest most wanted tech toys for Christmas in 2017.
At that awkward age where your child isn’t quite a teenager yet, but can no longer be classed as a little child, the gift buying experience can be incredibly difficult.
See also: 20 Best Toys & Gifts for 8 & 9 Year Olds
There are loads of interactive toys that are perfectly designed as tween girl gifts or tween boy gifts, which will minimise their screen time, or even get them a little more involved with their favourite technology.
Star Wars, Robots, Drones and Smartwatches are all top favorites, with many toys still popular from last year. Some of the tech in this years toy list are just amazing and should impress any parent. Although tweens are usually ages 10, 11 and 12 years, the majority on this list have a mixed age range.
Here are 20 of the coolest gifts for tweens this year that girls and boys are going to be excited about.
Best Gifts for Tweens 2017
1. Osmo Coding JamOsmo Coding Jam kit makes learning to code fun, with interactive games that link with the Cosmo Jam app. The different coding blocks can be arranged into new patterns and designed to make unique musical beats come from the app, great for kids who are tech-savvy and can’t get enough of the latest hits.
2. Zoomer Show PonyShow Pony by Zoomer is both fun to play with, and incredibly engaging. Dancing, singing, and prancing into the hearts of horse-loving children, as a gift for tweens who loves horses, the Zoomer Pony is ideal. The toy comes with multiple different accessories that children can use to interact with the sweet robotic pony.
3. VTech Star Wars First Order Stormtrooper SmartwatchVtech First Order Stormtrooper is the latest addition. A must for any Star Wars fan, the watch has lots of games such as a voice changer, sound effects and photo fun. It actually has a calculator, alarm and calendar and of course, is a watch! A fantastic tech gift for tweens that is extremely popular. VTech products are known for their ability to engage kids with fun interactive learning opportunities, proving special tech toys for kids of all ages.
See also: 17 Best Smartwatches for Kids
4. SoundMoovzSoundMoovz are a great gift for tweens who want to start creating their own music. The fashionable band comes with 400 sounds that tweens can use to design personal beats to then share with their friends. The band works with Bluetooth technology, so any newly created tunes can be played straight through a speaker system or certain Bluetooth compatible devices.
5. Lego BoostLego Boost set, an interactive kit that helps children to learn the basic aspects of code as they play. The kit features 840-pieces, 5 possible models, and a buildable robot, that when built, will move around the room using distance and motion detectors.
See also: 25 Best Robotics & Robot Kits for Kids
6. Artix HeadphonesArtix Headphones are some of the coolest headphones for tweens on the market. With a bright fashionable design, they have all the best added features, including a microphone, voice control, and easy adjustment to fit your kids as they grow.
See also: 10 Best Kids Wireless Headphones
7. Hanazuki MoodgleamHanazuki Moodgleam Wearable mixes the craze of mini collectables, with all the fun of having your own tech everywhere you go. The Moodgleam is a bracelet with individual coloured and attachable personalised mood gems. The bracelet lights up brightly, displaying the child’s chosen mood gem, with many different gems able to be purchased separately.
8. Star Wars Droid Inventor KitStar Wars Droid Inventor Kit is an exciting gift that will help children to develop their crucial skills. Using the easy to understand instructions in the kit, tweens can build their own fully controllable Star Wars themed droid, or create a brand new interactive droid using the parts included.
9. Meccano MaxMeccano Max is a challenging building project that is an ideal gift for tweens that enjoy engineering, with the chance to really put their building skills to the test. The kit builds a fully interactive, and very curious, little robot for children to play with. The robot can be further programmed by children, with different customizable features, and a special personality that will engage inquisitive young minds.
See also: 25 Best Robotics & Robot Kits for Kids
10. 3Doodler Start3Doodler pen can give your tween a little taste of the magic, with a pen that can draw fantastic 3D models and toys.
11. Garmin Vivofit JRGarmin Vivofit JR is an activity tracker created for children, with additional interactive activities, games, and reminders. The band is child-sized, and fits comfortably on the wrist, where your child can then keep track of their activity levels, and receive reminders from their parents via the app. A fantastic gift for tweens to keep active, and ensure that they get their chores done!
12. Bloxels: Build Your Own Video GameBloxels: Build Your Own Video Game is a fantastic gift for little gamers who love to build and create their own worlds in-game, turning that creativity into an interactive activity. Making video games a little more hands-on, the kit comes with 320 different coloured blocks that kids can place on the grid to design their own game with the accompanying app.
13. CozmoCozmo is a tiny A.I robot that reflects emotions, has his own personality, and will play challenging and fun interactive games with your child, an ideal gift for tech-mad tweens. Compatible with most smartphones, the little robot is packed full of tech, adding a brand-new element to interactive play as he develops and evolves alongside your children, exploring the world around him.
14. Kano Pixel Kit LED CodingKano Pixel Kit is an incredibly colourful and engaging way to encourage your child to start learning code. Ideal for 10 year olds to use and explore, the kit has challenges for those that are just starting-out with code, and those that already grasp the basic concepts, with an outstanding 16 million colours to play with.
See also: 15 Best Electronic Kits for Kids
15. i-Loom Starter Packi-Loom starter pack is the perfect gadget for tweens who can’t get off their tablets. The loom machine that comes with the kit fits perfectly to many different models of tablet, with the app providing both simple, and complex loom patterns that tweens can follow to create their own friendship bracelets.
16. Merge CubeMergeCube is one of the most unique tech toys that will engage your child’s imagination, giving them countless exciting activities right in the palm of their hand. Using incredible new technology, theMergeCube augments reality, allowing kids to interact with the virtual world by using the app to place different 3D images onto the cube that they can then explore.
17. VRSE Jurassic World Virtual Reality SetJurassic World Virtual Reality Set by VRSE, offering beautiful visuals, exciting encounters, and an endless source of adventure. For tweens that are fascinated by dinosaurs, this interactive Vr headset makes for an amazing gift, where they can get up close to some terrifying pre-historic animals and follow along with an exciting campaign mode. For Superhero fans there is a Batman version.
18. KD Interactive Aura Drone with Glove ControllerAura Drone by KD Interactive lets you perform tricks and move the drone forward, back, up and down. The gesture controlled drone is a one of a kind unique gift for kids that parents will want to try out.
19. Hero Droid BB8Hero Droid BB8 is a remote-controlled robot that has been designed to look almost identical to the big screen BB8 Droid, a firm favourite with kids. Promoting smart-play with the ability to follow the person controlling the droid, the toy is an extremely anticipated addition to the market.
20. K’NEX Thrill RidesK’NEX Thrill Rides is a thrilling kit that allows kids to build their own cool roller coaster, with 639 pieces that are used to make an exciting track. The kit is great for 9 year olds and older to build and play with, presenting much more of a challenge than some of the kits aimed at younger children.
Gifts for Tween Girls
When it comes to finding the perfect gifts, the tween girl category is by far one of the most difficult. Tween Girls, from 10 year olds to 12 year olds, love being social, they want to create unique little toys and craft projects, and then be able to easily show their friends, and wow their family with their latest and greatest creations. The most perfect gifts are often ones they can play with again and again, developing their creative skills and expanding on their past designs by learning the extents of their imagination. If they can design and craft with their friends at the same time, then the gift will be even more exciting!
Gifts for Tween Boys
At the stage where they are just growing out of their old toys, and looking for new and more complicated challenges, gifts for tween boys need to be able to keep up with their inquisitive nature. Tech learning toys are fantastic for tween boys, able to present more difficult problems for them to solve, and increase in complexity at a rate that they can control. Interactive toys that promote tweens to think outside of the box, and develop their own solutions, make for great gifts that will set them up with the skills they need to start high school with confidence in their own abilities.
Last update on 2017-11-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API