- Posted in Top App Lists
In the days long past, kids would gather around that lucky boy whose parents could afford a Super Nintendo and patiently wait for their turn. Today, everyone can afford a gaming console. When augmented reality games finally make a grand entry into the consumer market, everyone will simply have to have them. This is the way of the future and boy, it sure looks bright.
These AR apps are meant to accustom kids into using and enjoying augmented reality apps so that they can easily maneuver their way through whatever technological advances wait for them 10 or 20 years in the future.
AR Flashcards-Animal Alphabet
Welcome to a new world of flash cards. AR Flashcards make learning fun with the technology of Augmented Reality!
Winner of the 2013 Edublog Award for Best Mobile App!
The original augmented reality flash card!
"This app uses augmented reality to engage the students in learning their letters. Highly recommended for early childhood educators and parents!"- TwoGuysandSomeiPads.com
"It’s definitely unique and a very clever way to get children involved in learning the alphabet and animal names." - TheiPhoneMom.com
“Through the use of augmented reality (AR) and flashcards – this app allows your children to learn in a new and exciting way! A new approach to flashcards!” - Digital Mom Blog
“My daughter was repeating the letters and animal names and I could tell that she was learning a lot from this app, which of course is what is most important to me as a parent.” – MidwesternMoms.com
“Children will love playing around with the cards and animals while learning the letters of the alphabet.” – Appysmarts.com
"I absolutely love this unique twist on flashcards. I really think the novelty of AR, in this case, will help capture kids’ attention and get them primed to learn." -FunFindsForFamilies.com
AR Flashcards are a new way to interact and make Flashcards more entertaining for toddlers and preschoolers. With AR Flashcards, learning is fun! When you point your device at the printed flashcard a beautifully rendered 3D animal will pop up on the screen. Tap the animal to hear the letter and animal name.
- 26 beautifully rendered Animals to help your toddler or preschooler learn the alphabet!
- 6 beautifully rendered Dinosaurs!
- Tap on each Animal to hear the Letter and name of the Animal!
- Tap the screenshot button to save your pics of the beautiful AR animals!
- Double tap the screen to bring up the focus button so that you can adjust your device's camera to better bring up the animals.
- You can print out the flashcards or if you own two iOS devices you can access the flashcards from within the app in a beautiful swipeable gallery!
*Note* You must visit http://www.arflashcards.com/ to download and print the free Flashcard Markers necessary to make this app work. Make sure to print the flashcards in color as they will not work in black and white. This app will only work on devices with a camera.
This is what we’ve all been waiting for, a beautiful Augmented Reality app that does not require a printed marker. Now you can use just about any surface to create your own AR marker. Imagine watching a giraffe towering over computer keyboard or a horse galloping on top of a newspaper. The possibilities are limitless! The technology of the future is HERE!
40+ Animals with 9 Different Categories:
Choose anything from the esteemed American Bald Eagle to the mysterious Tyrannosaurus Rex dinosaur. The ZooKazam animal library is growing each month. Choose animals from the following list of categories:
Powerful Graphical Engine
ZooKazam is a powerful app that uses the latest AR (Augmented Reality) technology so you see 3D animals from every angle with full animation. These animals appear so realistic that you will not believe what you’re seeing. Every detail is taken into consideration; the animals have fur, blink their eyes, and even have synchronized shadows.
Not Just Fun, Also a Great Educational Tool
Educators around the globe use ZooKazam in the classroom to teach kids what animals eat, where they live and their conservation status laced with many other fun and interesting facts. Students learn using detailed info-graphics that appear right on the screen with the 3D animal.
“We use ZooKazam in our early learning centers every week. The kids are hooked to this amazing app and learn more about Dinosaurs and mammals than any text book.”
“We love the educational content in ZooKazam which is easy for kids to understand and fun to learn.” Universally Loved
Whether you want to use ZooKazam in the classroom or just want to amaze your friends with the most powerful AR experience, ZooKazam is universally loved. The ZooKazam audience includes:
• Animal Enthusiasts
Explore all the hidden features in ZooKazam by selecting the Settings button. You can add snow or rain to your scene and even change the educational voice over from teacher to student. ZooKazam also includes over 6 different photo filters (such as black & white or fish eye) to jazz up your images. After taking a photo or video with your favorite animal, you can share them instantly to social media from within the app. The list of other special features includes:
• Front facing camera
• Gyroscope controlled orientation
• Climate control weather
• 6 photo filters
• Social media integration
• High resolution photo and video capture with sound
• Extended target feature for unlimited AR experience
Award Winning ZooKazam is an award winning AR app created by an award winning team that is downloaded and used across the globe. Find out for yourself what the buzz is all about and learn more about the team at www.zookazam.com.
Users describe ZooKazam as "WOW" or "This is AMAZING". Experience the fun and educational possibilities of Augmented Reality by downloading ZooKazam4 today! Requirements ZooKazam works with iOS 7 or higher, but works best with iOS 9. Due to the use of such high-quality graphics, ZooKazam works best with iPhone 5s or higher.
LEARNING WHILE HAVING FUN
Educational game app based on augmented reality. Join the 3D adventure and your paints come alive! Just download Chromville for free.
HOW TO USE
1. DOWNLOAD for free CHROMVILLE app
2. VISIT www.chromville.com and PRINT chapters pages
3. COLORIZE printed coloring pages
4. START with play button and SELECT the specific village of your printed chapter-page
5. POINT to the page
The ancient world Chromville, is well known for its power source of color. It´s placed in a galaxy far, far away and there are at least five villages: Firecity, Stonetown, Greenland, Waterville and Cloudskingdom. Its inhabitants, the chromers, use to look like their environment and live in peace thanks to the colorful beauty of their homeland. However, the planet´s color is fading away mysteriously at some regions and they are in danger of losing its power.
Quiver - 3D Coloring App
The original augmented reality coloring app “colAR Mix” is now Quiver!
Coloring pages have never been so much fun! The Quiver App combines physical coloring from “back in the day” with state of the art augmented reality technology to bring you and your children an extraordinarily magical experience.
You can find our free pages by downloading the app and on our website (http://www.QuiverVision.com). Save and print the pages directly from the Quiver App or from a computer to start enjoying the fun. By using our unmatchable expertise in augmented reality, the Quiver App enables children and adults to unleash their inner artist and interact with their personally customised creations.
Every colored page comes to life in its uniquely colored way, giving the artist an immediate and special sense of ownership and pride! Not only is the app incredibly fun, but it is also a great tool for developing skills and knowledge on various topics. Try it out yourself and we are sure you will agree.
Available Quiver coloring pages include:
- Quiver characters (Murphy the Sheep, Penfold the Penguin and Ruby the Rabbit).
- Quiver education pages (Earth, Volcano and an Animal Cell).
- Amazing Animals of New Zealand (Kea, Hectors Dolphin, Yellow-Eyed Penguin, Kiwi, Giant Weta and the Tuatara).
- Animal and Mammal Pack by Dover Publications (Butterfly, Dinosaur, Fish Bowl, Horse, Dragonflies and a Shark).
- BBC Children in Needs Mascot “Pudsey the Bear”.
- B-Daman Robots from the famous Japanese “B-Daman” cartoon show.
- Enjoy a traditional physical coloring experience combined with the latest augmented reality technology.
- Watch your artwork magically come to life on your smart device screen.
- View the animation from any angle.
- Interact and play games with the animated characters by touching the screen.
- Educational pages include a quiz to test the user’s knowledge.
- Capture photos and videos of your coloring creations
- Zoom functionality.
- Play and pause the animation when it comes to life.
- Different sound effects associated with each page.
Follow these simple steps to enjoy the magical Quiver App experience:
- Visit http://www.QuiverVision.com to find and print out the Quiver coloring pages.
- Color in the Quiver coloring pages using your favourite colors.
- Open the Quiver App and tap the play button (the button with the Quiver Butterfly logo on it) to open the viewer.
- Look at the colored Quiver coloring page with your smart device camera. Make sure you can see the entire page - it will turn blue to confirm.
- The Quiver coloring page will come to life just the way you colored it.
- The Quiver App needs physically printed coloring pages to enjoy the full experience.
- To print out pages, visit http://www.QuiverVision.com.
- An Internet connection is required to download new content associated with the Quiver App.
- The Quiver App only works with QuiverVision pages - look for the Quiver Butterfly logo to ensure the pages are compatible.
- In-app purchases give access to additional printable Quiver content.
- For more information, visit http://www.QuiverVision.com.
- For additional assistance, please contact us at support@QuiverVision.com.
Meet the Animals - The Sea
This app includes:
- Multilingual narrations, sounds, music and 3D animated and interactive characters.
- 15 incredible puzzles with 4 levels of difficulty
- Free Augmented Reality animated scenes
- 15 Augmented Reality animations to purchase
- Educational Games “Do you know them?”
Notice: This free App works with a printed image target that you can download free by visiting our app support site at: http://www.booksaralive.com/free-samples-3/?lang=en or with the book titled “The Savannah” from our “Meet the Animals” collection.
The image target is the Owl shown in this description, which can be printed out and enjoyed with the magic of Augmented Reality. If you have the book with you, all of the animations are free with the app. If you don’t have the book and you’d like to see more animations, you can purchase them separately in your phone, using the same image target.
Print out the image target found at the URL mentioned above and enjoy the Augmented Reality experience. Play the puzzle games included and have fun watching the wonderful animations which are included in multilingual narration.
IMPORTANT: Again, please note that in order to be able to enjoy the 15 animals and their corresponding multilingual narrations, games, and 3D animations, you must have the book titled “The Sea” from our “Meet the Animals” collection, or use the target image downloaded for free from our website.
Instructions for using the app with your book:
Download the free app “Meet the Animals: The Sea” available for iOS devices, install it on your iPhone, iPod or iPad; place your device over the cover or over any of the characters and begin to enjoy the surprising Augmented Reality animations. The 3D animals will jump out of the pages of your book!
Feel the magic of books as you never have before and let each character amaze you as it comes to life.
The Powerful Plants augmented reality experience provides a fun new way to learn about plants and their importance to the human condition.
Please visit http://www.edutainmentsystems.net/powerfulplants.html to download the free character images required to bring the plant characters to life.
Toy Car RC - Drive a Virtual C...
Toy Car RC, which follows the adventures of a small car named “Wheely”, has been downloaded more than 100k times globally and hit #1 in the iPad charts for kids 6-8 in over 20 countries.
Wheely is a very curious car, always on the lookout for an adventure. He’s traveling through space on a mission: discover new worlds and have limitless fun!
Want more worlds, more vehicles and limitless fun? Download Toy Car RC's big brother, Toy Drive!
** FEATURES **
+ Awesome virtual car that you can beam into the real world using your device’s camera
+ 2 fun virtual worlds with tons of interactive elements to discover
+ Spaceship with a virtual hangar that transports the car from world to world
+ Kid-friendly interface
+ Multiple steering options - tap on your destination or use the virtual joystick
+ No course, no finish line - drive however and wherever you want!
+ Helpful characters that can ride along and repair any damage from crashes
+ No in-app purchases
** FOR PARENTS **
With the help of augmented reality (AR) technology, Toy Car RC allows you and your kids to experience an interactive simulation of driving a virtual remote controlled (RC) car through the real world. In order to work, the app requires that your device's camera recognize a target image. You can print out the free, pre-made target images included in the app or create temporary ones by taking pictures with your device's camera.
** PLAY TIP **
Toy Car RC is specifically designed for kids 6+ years old. At this age, kids love making up their own stories. We recommend that you print out different targets and place them in different rooms around the house. Then, let your kids go from room to room with the device (“Spaceship”) while imagining Wheely’s adventures in the different worlds.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to start your engines!
** PRESS **
"This augmented-reality kids toy will make you feel so old" (VentureBeat)
"Toywheel is bringing more of a human agenda into digital" (FastCoexist)
"A cool way to get kids interested in emerging technologies like Augmented Reality" (ARNews.TV)
** ABOUT TOYWHEEL **
Toywheel is a Berlin-based company dedicated to empowering future generations through games, equipping them with roots & wings. Specially created and designed for kids, Toywheel's apps have no 3rd party ads and no in-app purchases.
CyberChase Shape Quest!
From PBS KIDS and Cyberchase comes Shape Quest, a captivating app combining games, puzzles and 3D augmented reality! Shape Quest challenges kids ages 6-9 to use geometry and spatial reasoning to hone their problem solving skills.
-NOTICE: Only works with tablet devices that feature rear-facing cameras.
-3 different games focused on building geometry, spatial reasoning and problem solving skills
-80 fun-filled educational puzzles
-5 fantastic Botopolis environments each with its own animal friends
-Augmented reality game interface brings the Patch The Path game into the physical world, fully engaging the player's senses and spatial thinking skills
Buzz and Delete are back in Botopolis for another fun-filled adventure. Play with them and their animal friends through these three different math-based games.
PATCH THE PATH
Help your animal friends return to their homes in this augmented reality (“AR”) game, which uses a tablet’s camera to combine the real world with 3D digital content. Travel through 30 levels in 5 different environments and apply spatial memory, visualization and modeling skills, while investigating, predicting, putting together and taking apart two- and three-dimensional shapes. But this isn’t a game to play just sitting on your couch! By using the camera on your tablet, plus the “AR” technology, you can play while moving your whole body around the game board.
Before you play Patch the Path, you will need to print the game board from the Shape Quest website at http://pbskids.org/shapequest
FEED THE CRITTERS
The critters are hungry. Feed them by flicking food – but watch out for walls and obstacles. Play with 5 different animals in their Botopolis habitats through a total of 25 levels, while you practice spatial reasoning.
HIDE AND SEEK
The animals have hidden behind different geometric shapes. Can you find them all? Through 25 different puzzles, practice your geometry vocabulary while learning about hexagons, right angles, number of sides, and much more
Cyberchase, the Emmy Award®-winning math series on PBS KIDS, shows kids that math is everywhere and everyone can be good at it. Targeting kids ages 6 to 9, Cyberchase Shape Quest is designed to extend the series’ mathematics curriculum, helping kids build skills such as shape vocabulary, visualization, spatial reasoning and geometric modeling. Cyberchase is produced by THIRTEEN Productions LLC in association with WNET.
About PBS KIDS
Cyberchase Shape Quest is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and digital media, as well as community-based programs.
For more apps from PBS KIDS, visit http://pbskids.org/apps
Cyberchase Shape Quest is funded by the U.S. Department of Education through the Ready To Learn Initiative, a program that supports the development of innovative educational television and digital media targeted at preschool and early elementary school children and their families.
The contents of this app were developed under a grant from the Department of Education. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government. [PR/Award No. U295A100025, CFDA No. 84.295A]
Crayola Color Alive
Bring your coloring to life with Crayola® Color Alive™!
This app works with Crayola Color Alive Action Coloring Pages. FREE Action Coloring Pages can be found inside the app. Save and print them to start playing right away! For more pages, purchase Color Alive Action Coloring Books through the app or in stores. Use any Crayola Crayons or markers to bring your coloring to life, and apply special effects to your creations.
Pairing an innovative 4D app with exclusive Crayola Color Alive Action Coloring Books, Color Alive gives parents and kids the ability to interact with their real world creations like never before. Characters fly out of your coloring pages, coming to life and interacting with you through augmented reality.
Each new character and creation is reflected in a 4D Experience™ viewed through the app, staying true to the creativity at play by appearing exactly as it has been colored. It’s a great creative developmental activity, and an amazing experience to try and share!
A fun and exciting cast awaits within these coloring book themes:
1. Mythical Creatures – Breathe life into fantastical dragons, intricate gargoyles, mystic wizards and brave knights.
2. Barbie – Bring Barbie’s world into yours with fashion and cute pets, to fun activities like roller skating, dancing, and rocking out on her guitar!
3. Enchanted Forest – Discover a magical world inhabited by cheerful pixies, lovely princesses, flying fairies and graceful unicorns.
4. Skylanders – Join Wash Buckler, Prism Break, Food Fight, Stealth Elf, Gearshift and more in their battle to protect the Core of Light from Kaos.
5. Monster High – Have some freaky fun creating colorful versions of Frankie Stein©, Draculaura© and their friends! Be Yourself. Be Unique. Be a Monster.™
- Color fun coloring pages in the real world any way your creativity inspires you, then see them come to life in 4D exactly as you’ve colored them!
- Add amazing animated effects to your coloring, including Fire-Breath™, Ice-Blast™, Pixie-Dust™, Show-Stopper™, and Creepy Crawly™.
- Save your characters and bring them out to play in 4D anytime, anywhere in the real world without the coloring page!
- Take, save and share pictures of your creations in the real world. Family and friends can even be part of the photos too. Switch to “selfie” mode to take a picture of yourself with your favorite characters.
- Keep the fun going: purchase and print new coloring pages from directly inside the app.
How To Get Started:
- Download the Color Alive app and print out the free page for each set of characters from “my saved stuff”.
- Color in a page, then view it with your mobile device through the app and watch as the character springs to life in 4D.
- Move your device around to see the 4D Experience™ from all sides. Tap the screen to start its animation.
- Save your character and you’ll be able to bring them back later into the world.
- Purchase more pages from inside the app or use with Crayola Color Alive Action Coloring Books. Visit Crayola.com to find out more.
- Check your device's compatibility, How to Bring Your Character to Life instructions, and watch a demo video at www.Crayola.com/AppCheck.
- FAQ at www.Crayola.com/FAQ/Another-Topic/Do-You-Provide-Helpful-Tips-For-Using-Crayola-Color-Alive/.
- An Internet connection is required to use all of the features of this app.
- This app only works with Crayola Color Alive Action Coloring Pages.
- Additional printable Crayola Color Alive Action Pages are available via In-app purchases.
For any questions requiring additional assistance, please contact Crayola Consumer Affairs at 1-800-CRAYOLA or email Support@Crayola.com.
For more information, go to www.Crayola.com/ColorAlive.
Powered by DAQRI 4D Technology, the industry leader in AR.