Last Updated: April 30, 2016
- Posted in Daily App Deals
See Me Talk
"I can't think of anything I would want different. It's easy to use and we LOVE it. His speech therapist at the school has tried several apps and she recommended this one above all others. I love how easy it is to customize, too." - Kim, North Carolina
"See Me Talk is a brilliant communication app for individuals with limited communication but also has application for early literacy development. It has ease of search function and is visually delightful. Sentence assembly is quick and loads of pics are available to choose from." - Jordan Speech Therapy
Thanks to everyone who has been sending in such wonderful feedback! I will continue to work hard to make See Me Talk even better!
See Me Talk is a beautiful easy to use augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) app for those who have difficulty communicating effectively. It is based on a picture exchange system developed specifically for children with speech delays.
See Me Talk was developed by a Special Education Teacher with over 14 years experience, in consultation with Speech Pathologists and parents of children with speech delays, who saw a need for an app that was visually pleasing and easy to navigate. Additionally, the app was professionally designed by Robots & Pencils, an award winning company specializing in creating iOS apps and whose owner has a child with a speech delay. Through this collaborative team we have come up with a gorgeous app that is easy to use!
Making See Me Talk gorgeous was one goal, but more importantly See Me Talk had to be easy to use. I think we succeeded! No more searching folders within folders to find that one infrequently used symbol. Now, all the categories conveniently scroll across the top of the screen and the user can see 9 categories at once! No longer will the user have to back up to the previous category to add another symbol to their sentence strip.
Also, to make it even easier, we added a Favourites category. This keeps track of the most regularly used symbols and automatically adds them to the Favourites category. Each time See Me Talk is launched it automatically displays the contents of the Favourites category.
Additionally, we even added a search function to find symbols fast! Our search ability will allow you to quickly type and find any symbol. No more swiping and tapping different categories to find those infrequently used symbols. It's all there when you need it!
See Me Talk comes with a basic vocabulary of symbols but can be easily customized by importing pictures taken with the iPad camera, photos from your iPad photo library, or images downloaded from the internet.
See Me Talk uses leading edge voice technology for a more natural communicative experience. The user can choose a male or female voice or no voice at all if you want the user to practice developing their own speech.
Other key features of See Me Talk include:
- No distractions! The settings menu is hidden under the main screen to keep the user focused on communicating rather than playing;
- Easily to customize! Simple to add, delete, reorder or edit cards. You can even pinch to adjust the size or adjust the composition of a picture;
- Convenient! Print the sentence strip for schedule strips or social scripts used on the fridge, bathroom mirror at home or the locker or note book at school;
- Easy support! Contact us for support or when you have feedback for us;
- Easy to use! See Me Talk automatically displays the top 8 used cards when the app is launched. Drag and drop or tap to add a symbol to the sentence strip;
- Easy to delete! Swipe up to remove an individual symbol or tap the trash can to remove all the cards from the sentence strip.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns!
Where In The World
A fun way to learn about sights, cities and landmarks of the world while exercising the mind.
A word puzzle of places, cities, countries and famous landmarks. 40 puzzles to solve and more coming soon
Autism Talking Soundboard: Gir...
3 ways to speak: (1) 100's of built-in phrases in over a dozen categories (2) Program several buttons to speak your CUSTOM messages such as your name, address, family, etc. (3) Type ANY message and have it spoken using TEXT-TO-SPEECH! Empower yourself or people with Autism & Non-Verbal patients you care for! One price for iPad, iPhone & iPod touch!
Elegant interface, quality recognizable images & customizations allow for quick & easy communication! Very affordable! Don't pay hundreds out of pocket or worry about Medicare or rationing devices. Everyone can have AutoVerbal!
- iPad, iPhone & iPod touch universal support! Pay one price!
- Users/caregivers can customize the the TTS phrases for the first row of buttons by touching HELP to enter CUSTOM MODE!
- 100's of buttons use Premium TTS voice, prerecorded, even when the Internet is not available!
- Custom TTS phrases use Premium voice when Internet is available, Standard built-in voice otherwise.
1) Type anything in the text box and touch SPEAK to have it spoken!
2) Swipe up and down to see different categories of phrases. Swipe left and right within a category to see phrase options. Touch the phrase that fits.
3) In Landscape Mode, there is a TRANSCRIPT BOX. It remembers the most recent words/phrases you entered or selected. Touch it to have those words spoken! This allows you to build sentences or repeat a phrase easily. Touch the ERASER button next to the TRANSCRIPT to clear the transcript.
4) The TOP ROW/CATEGORY is customizable. You can customize the text for each button, and with the PRO version, the photos for those buttons. To do so, first touch HELP then select Custom mode. Next select a button, replace the text shown ("Customize" by default) with your custom text and touch Save Phrase. To replace a button with a photo from your library (PRO VERSION), while in Custom mode, touch the button then touch the larger version of the button and select a photo from your library. Touch HELP and User mode to return to user mode.
NOTE: If you do not hear any sounds, make sure your Volume is all the way up AND you do not have your MUTE switch set. That is the toggle button above the volume buttons and it applies to apps as well as phone calls.
Please email us at info@NoTie.NET with your feature requests including any phrases which we will be happy to add to FREE updates. Watch for more phrases/features!
"[Esteemed NZ musician Chris Knox] had a stroke last year. I bought Chris an iPad specifically because of your AutoVerbal app. I try to get him to use it when he is having trouble expressing what he is trying to get across as he has almost no speech. There is potential for this to be a long term major tool to help him. Thanks again, you are doing good work."
AutoVerbal GirlTalk uses a Female voice. Try AutoVerbal PRO for Male and Female voices. PRO also lets you customize the photos for the top row of buttons! Look for AutoVerbal in multiple languages.
Describe With Art
****I like the receptive and the expressive components of this app. This not only increases the versatility of the app, but also increases your ability to use the app with mixed groups of students. The question prompts in the "Describe It" activity are great for students who have difficulty formulating sentences/describing pictures on their own. I like built-in reinforcement and data collection. The painting activity is fun and motivating for students, and who doesn't love data collection! (Carries Speech Corner)****
The Describe with Art app was created by a certified speech and language pathologist for preschool and elementary school-age children who struggle with verbally describing or following directions containing descriptive vocabulary.
Describing is a common objective in academics. Young children are asked to describe objects or experiences in preschool, and older children might be asked to describe procedures, characters, a story, etc. In addition to verbally describing, children consistently follow directions containing multiple descriptors at school, e.g., “Circle the big red circle in the left corner.”
Children with language disorders or delays may have difficulty formulating correct descriptions to give correct pictures of what the children are trying to describe and may have difficulty following longer directions at school. Children who exhibit language disorders often name the object they are asked to describe but struggle to elaborate and to organize their thought process.
The purpose of the Describe with Art app is to teach children how to describe things surrounding them and help them follow directions with descriptors in a fun and motivating way. Children are welcomed by the painter, who encourages them to work hard. Children earn a paint palette for each correct response, and when they accumulate enough points, they can paint their own picture.
The Describe with Art app offers a built-in cueing system containing specific questions or directions that help children to elaborate when describing.
Describe with Art includes:
-Receptive task- Following Directions (Multiple sets with pre-recorded directions). Children can also give directions to the other users using descriptive vocabulary with the audio feature off.
-Expressive task- Describe It (Multiple categories: people, animals, objects, food, clothes, places, and transportation)
The Describe with Art app is easy to navigate, and users can perform the following tasks:
-Enter multiple students
-Change settings and use randomization
-Select alternate counts for multiple students
-Track correct and incorrect responses
-E-mail results at the end of the session
MeMeter - Feeling cards for se...
MeMeter provides a subtle way for kids and students to express themselves to teachers and parents. Often when kids with ADHD, Autism, or social awkwardness are overwhelmed by an emotion, they have trouble expressing themselves appropriately. MeMeter provides a discreet and practical outlet to alert someone before reaching their boiling point.
- Cheerful colors
- Silly emoticon faces act as a distraction from their moment of distress
- Easily swipe between emotions
- Quickly set severity level from 1 to 5
MeMeter has the following emotions:
To suggest additional emotions, please email us email@example.com
Apps are on sale for a limited time only and subject to price change by developers. Prices were last verified at the time of publishing this post, so always check the App Store for final confirmation before downloading.
Samantha Kotey is the editor for AvatarGeneration and has a background in educational technology and virtual worlds. A mom of two, she is passionate about all things related to toys and technology.