Last Updated: April 30, 2016
- Posted in Daily App Deals
Universal Zoom: All About Size...
Discovering the scale of the Universe has never been more beautiful, exciting and easy to use. Enjoy a wonderful journey through the Universe discovering the most interesting objects to scale from the tiniest subatomic particles to the vast observable Universe known to the contemporary science. Learn about sizes, distances, and units of measurement in an intuitive way. Have fun comparing any two objects. It’s breathtaking for all ages and experience levels!
We carefully designed every object, fitting it precisely into the scene, preparing high-resolution graphics and concise information about it.
“With this educational app, the whole family can go on a scientific expedition.”
"This app is a must-have for teachers and parents of all ages. Get them interested in science, help them understand relative size and simply have fun exploring how everything compares."
"This fascinating tool, which can help kids visualize the scale and vastness of the universe, has plenty of potential for classroom use."
• Subatomic particles
• Atomic nuclei, atoms, and molecules
• Detailed chromosome and DNA structure
• Human cells, bacteria, and viruses
• Insects, animals, and birds
• The largest trees on Earth,
• Famous and tallest buildings
• Earth's satellites orbits
• Planets and moons of the Solar System
• The most famous comets and asteroids
• The Solar system structure and its location in the Milky Way
• Stars: from the smallest neutron star to the biggest currently known
• Milky Way neighboring galaxies, superclusters, and the observable Universe
• Visually presented metric and imperial/US units of length.
• Stunning graphics: all objects were carefully prepared using real high-resolution photos and original artwork.
• Rich content: about 200 objects presented to scale.
• A unique dynamic layout that provides you with a sense of the size of every object.
• Metric and imperial units of length are presented in an intuitive way. Including simple and scientific notations.
• An audio narration of objects' names and short information about them for young explorers who just learned how to read.
• Compare mode: discover how many times one object fits into another.
• Intuitive navigation. Just scroll or choose your destination on the Navigation Map.
• Easily-accessible concise information about every object with fascinating facts.
• Wikipedia access: read more about any object that fascinates you without leaving the app.
• The scale range: from the Planck Length (1.61x10-35m) to 93 billion light years (8.8x10+26m).
• NO ads
• NO in-app-purchases
We constantly improve our app and we would like to hear your feedback.
Flash Study is an easy to use flashcard app. It allows you to create decks and cards without any distraction like: ads and tons of features you'll never use.
The goal of this app is to bring to you a clean and easy way to have your flashcards in your pocket.
Flashcards are cards in which one side has a question and the other one the answer, after flipping all the cards of the deck for about 2 or 3 times you'll have most of the cards memorized!
- Create as many decks and cards as you want.
- Choose if you want to see checked cards or not.
- Clean and beautiful design.
- Animations (but not slow so you don't get too distracted while studying).
- Percentage of checking cards right on home screen.
- No ads.
- Easy to use.
- Supports all devices.
- Share to Twitter and Facebook.
Why you should use flashcards:
"Flashcards engage “active recall”
When you look at the front side of a flashcard and think of the answer, you are engaging a mental faculty known as active recall. "
"Flashcards utilize your metacognitive faculties.
When you reveal the answer side of a flashcard to assess your correctness, you are essentially asking yourself “How did my answer compare to this correct answer?” and “How well did I know (or not know) it?” This act of self-reflection is known as metacognition. Research shows that applying metacognition tends to ingrain memories deeper into your knowledge."
Flashcards allow for confidence-based repetition
Because flashcards exist loosely, rather than tied to a book or document, you are able to separate them into piles based on whether (or how often) you need to study them again. This practice of confidence-based repetition is proven by decades of research to be the most scientifically optimized way to improve memory performance.
I Love Mountains
Mountains are AMAZING! Join Sloan Graham as she shares her love of mountains in her first book for the iPad. Inside you'll explore and learn how mountains form and where some of the most impressive mountains are located. You'll also learn a thing or two about the plants and wildlife that call mountains their home.
★ Story and Art by Amanda J. Bishop
★ Ages 4 & up!
★ Narrated by Sloan!
★ 19 Interactive Pages
★ Help Sloan find, collect, and create!
Big Discount for Limited Time also available on other Apps, Receptive Labels, ABA Timer & Picsmart to support the "World Autism Awareness Day". Please check it out!!!
How is ‘Receptive Colours’ Different From Other Vocab Apps?
Receptive Colours is an Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) program for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or other learning difficulties to learn language. This educational app is developed from an evidence-based teaching methodology, ‘Discrete Trial Teaching’, to maximise learning. This app is also suitable for typically developing students.
•Take pictures or upload photos from album to custom-make your own colours!
•Record your own voice for your own colours!
Clear Learning Goals
•Specific target colours can be selected by you or by the computer for your child to learn!
Game Mode and Learning Mode
•Learning mode: Learn 2-3 colours systematically until mastery!
•Game mode: Play all the colours for fun with supervision!
•3 different pictures for the each colour and different themes to promote generalization learning.
Specially designed features in ‘Learning Mode’
•Effective prompt and prompt fading procedures to promote learning of colours.
•When the correct answer is selected, expanded trial (a different instruction) will be issued in the next trial to prevent robotic responding.
•Test trial (target colour) will be issued again after the expanded trial to ensure learning of the colour.
•When the wrong answer is selected, immediate corrective feedback will be issued and the screen will be locked (inter-trial interval) to prevent random playing.
•You can only earn star if you answer correctly at the 1st touch.
•Focus to learn 2-3 colours at a time until mastery!
•Scoreboard with success rate for each colour for evaluation of learning progress!
•Create different accounts for different users!
•3 difficulty levels with increasing number of cards and distraction to facilitate successful and progressive learning!
Discrete Trial Teaching
•Evidence teaching methodology based on Discrete Trial Training, ‘one of the most important instructional methods for children with autism’ (Smith 2001, p.86)
•Receptive Colours is developed by 2 Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA) with over 15 years of international experiences for individuals with ASD and other learning disabilities in the field of ABA.
Developed by Chatterbox and Usagi Production Limited
Apps are on sale for a limited time only and subject to price change by developers. Prices were last verified at the time of publishing this post, so always check the App Store for final confirmation before downloading.