Last Updated: April 30, 2016
- Posted in Daily App Deals
Messy Mia - Tales and Stories ...
Messy Mia is a fun storybook that teaches kids about the old technology their parents grew up with. Reminisce about the past and share stories about Cassette Players, Walkmans, VCRs & Dial Up Internet!
Play the ‘What’s That?’ picture quiz and have fun watching how kids react to outdated old technology such as Typewriters, Old Cell Phones, Old Video Games, Camera Film, Floppy Discs and so much more!
Messy Mia is a story of a young girl learning how per parents grew up and survived without today’s modern technology. Mia & her fun loving pet robot embark on a quest to find her mom’s TV remote in this much loved interactive storybook. Messy Mia makes the process of learning so much fun that kids just love it!
◆ Fun Educational Apps: "Parents will enjoy reading this app"
◆ The iMums: “This is a wonderful book”
◆ Smart App For Kids: “I really did enjoy this app. It entertained me!”
◆ BestAppsForKids: “A fun story for young children”
◆ TeachersWithApps: “Would definitely recommend!”
◆ The iPhone Mom: "A fun read"
◆ TheiPhoneAppReview: “I truly enjoyed reading Messy Mia!”
◆ AppMall: “Very informative”
- 20 storybook pages with awesome interactive content
- What’s That? Picture quiz with photos of old technology
- 3 Mini Games - ‘Find Mia’s Toys’, ‘Match Mia’s Tech’, & ‘Color Mia & Zed’
- Different Languages – Available in Spanish & English
- ‘Read Myself’ and ‘Read to Me’
Download Today! & Have Fun Sharing Stories!
Spelling Star is the perfect app for practicing your spelling lists. Create lists by entering words and recording the audio. Practice spelling each word correctly three times to become a Spelling Star!
● One of the top-rated spelling apps available.
● New share list feature is perfect for teachers that want to create lists and share with their students.
● Share Lists - create lists on one device and share them with anyone else that has the Spelling Star app.
● Copy Lists - click a button to make a copy of any list on your device. Perfect for parents with multiple kids or teachers that want to individualize lists based on student needs - add challenge words or modify lists for accommodations.
● Immediate Feedback - students get immediate feedback after each word as they practice.
● Progress Indicator - parents/teachers can monitor the progress of their students as they work towards mastering their list.
● Easy, Effective & Engaging - we've built this app to be easy and effective for students. There aren't a lot of unnecessary bells and whistles that distract students from the goal of practicing their spelling words, but the stars they receive keep them engaged.
WHY IT WORKS:
● Your Actual Spelling Words
You add the word lists that spellers are studying at school or home. Record each word or use a sentence to make the word meaning clear. Words are presented in a random order so spellers are ready to spell them in any order on a test or in a spelling bee. Some users have shared that having their children add and record their word lists has been another good way to practice each week. Practice anytime, anywhere!
● Mastery Practice
Spellers practice their words until they are mastered. Spellers earn a star each time they correctly spell a word without a hint. Three stars equal a mastered word. When a speller has mastered a word, Spelling Star will remove that word from the practice cycle. This allows spellers to focus on words that need extra practice. Individual words or full lists can easily be reset if additional practice is desired.
● Immediate Formative Feedback
Spelling Star immediately lets a speller know how they did on each word. It also provides them the option to redo the word right away if an error is made. Spellers can move on if desired, but the ability to fix an error on the spot reinforces the correct spelling. No more waiting until the end of the whole list to find out how they are doing on each word.
● Summative Feedback
At the end of each practice cycle, Spelling Star provides feedback for the entire list and provides the option to immediately practice it again. Spelling Star also provides a quick view of progress towards list mastery within the list selection screen. Spelling Star makes it easy to see how close spellers are to mastery.
● Audio and Hints
Spelling Star replays the recorded audio as many times as desired with no penalty towards mastery. If a speller is stuck, they simply tap the hint button to get a quick look at the word so they can finish it. While a hint won’t count towards mastery, it gets the speller un-stuck and prevents frustration. Spellers can then practice the word again or move on.
Flash Study is an easy to use flashcard app. It allows you to create decks and cards without any distraction like: ads and tons of features you'll never use.
The goal of this app is to bring to you a clean and easy way to have your flashcards in your pocket.
Flashcards are cards in which one side has a question and the other one the answer, after flipping all the cards of the deck for about 2 or 3 times you'll have most of the cards memorized!
- Create as many decks and cards as you want.
- Choose if you want to see checked cards or not.
- Clean and beautiful design.
- Animations (but not slow so you don't get too distracted while studying).
- Percentage of checking cards right on home screen.
- No ads.
- Easy to use.
- Supports all devices.
- Share to Twitter and Facebook.
Why you should use flashcards:
"Flashcards engage “active recall”
When you look at the front side of a flashcard and think of the answer, you are engaging a mental faculty known as active recall. "
"Flashcards utilize your metacognitive faculties.
When you reveal the answer side of a flashcard to assess your correctness, you are essentially asking yourself “How did my answer compare to this correct answer?” and “How well did I know (or not know) it?” This act of self-reflection is known as metacognition. Research shows that applying metacognition tends to ingrain memories deeper into your knowledge."
Flashcards allow for confidence-based repetition
Because flashcards exist loosely, rather than tied to a book or document, you are able to separate them into piles based on whether (or how often) you need to study them again. This practice of confidence-based repetition is proven by decades of research to be the most scientifically optimized way to improve memory performance.
Puppet Workshop - Creativity A...
● One of the "Five Creative Apps Every Kid Should Try" according to Huffington Post
● One of the "50 best apps for kids from 2013 that parents can trust" according to The Guardian
● A 2014 Parents’ Choice Recommended Award Winner
● Best App Ever Awards / 3rd place in Best Young Kids App category
● One of the "20 best creative iPhone and iPad apps for kids of 2013″ according to Apps Playground
● "There are some great apps that allow kids to make movies, draw, paint, and even animate, but Puppet Workshop is definitely one of the best we’ve seen in a long time." - appoLearning
● "We love its colorful interface, creative gameplay, and excellent choice of items to play with. Highly recommended!” - Geeks With Juniors
● "...is possibly one of the best creative apps on the market... Your child will be brought on a journey of creativity and artistic wonderment." - AppAbled
● "Puppet Workshop opens the door to creativity!" - Fun Educational Apps
● "What is most wonderful about this app is the endless uses–it really inspires creativity" - Smart Apps For Kids
● "I love apps that encourage our kids to show their creativity and have fun making art!" - The iPhone Mom
Puppet Workshop was created to develop your child's creativity. Choose a sock or glove which will become a virtual puppet. Create the eyes, nose, mouth and hair using a variety of buttons, strands, ornaments, etc. Place the puppet on the background available in the app or upload your own background from camera roll on your iPad. Alternatively, your child may use some paper, markers, crayons and independently create his or her own background that you can use in Puppet Workshop.
Do you like this game? Easy as 1-2-3 – use any socks, buttons, threads that you can find at home and create your own hand puppets. Put them on your hands, play different roles and have a lot of fun.
- Application suitable for children of all age groups
- Simple interface makes the app easy to use for kids
- 20 different socks and gloves from which you can create your puppet
- more than 150 items from which you can make eyes, hair, nose, mouth and other parts of the puppets
- 18 backgrounds available in the application. You can also add your own background image from camera roll on your iPad
- The puppets you create are stored and displayed in the application
- You can change puppets' names
- Save your puppet as an image to your device
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the
"Know what's inside" best practices for kids’ apps
● this app does not collect or share any user's personal information.
● this app does not contain ads.
● this app does not contain any In-App Purchases.
● this app does not contain social networks integration.
● this app contains "More Apps" and "Rate This App" external links on a separate pages. The links are protected by a simple math task to prevent kids from going to the App Store.
If you like Puppet Workshop – Creativity App for Kids please take a moment to review it on the Itunes AppStore. Thank you!
If you have any comments, suggestions or would like to contact us please write to us - firstname.lastname@example.org
● VISIT US: www.jumpapp.eu
● LIKE US: www.facebook.com/JumpApp
● FOLLOW US: www.twitter.com/JumpApp
● FOLLOW US: www.pinterest.com/JumpApp
● FOLLOW US: www.youtube.com/JumpAppHQ
Time for your kids to go gaga over learning the alphabet & more!
Full of fun interactive games, Alphabet Gaga aims at teaching the letters of the alphabet, fruits, vegetables and animals.
Tap your foot to the music as the interactive voice calls out the names of everything while you play the game with all the special effects bursting around.
There are 8 different games that come floating to you on clouds as you launch the game. The background music that plays along can be switched off/on at any time by clicking on the music note symbol. Here’s the list of the games (drumroll please!):
Capital letter fun:
- Learn the upper case letters! Drag the letter from the left and drop it into the outline basket. You’ll be gifted with an object that starts with that letter.
Small letter fun:
- Time for the lower case letters. Pull the letter from left and drop it into the outline basket. Learn the small letters of the alphabet and the objects associated with them.
- Ready to unlock treasures? Drag the key to the treasure chest to discover the hidden goodies.
- Pop goes the alphabet! Enjoy learning the letters as you pop the balloons.
- It’s a fruit gala here as you tap on the letter to uncover the fruits that begin with that letter.
- Learn your yummy vegetables as you tap on the letters.
- Tap away on the letter to greet the animals that start with that letter.
- Time to test your knowledge. Drag the letter to the object that starts with the letter.
Hope your kids enjoy this game and learn loads from it. We’d love to hear back from you – ideas, criticism or just to say how much you loved it!
Please mail us at email@example.com
Apps are on sale for a limited time only and subject to price change by developers. Prices were last verified at the time of publishing this post, so always check the App Store for final confirmation before downloading.
Samantha Kotey is the editor for AvatarGeneration and has a background in educational technology and virtual worlds. A mom of two, she is passionate about all things related to toys and technology.