- Posted in Daily App Deals
Mystery Math Museum
This game was so fun, my 9-year-old son chose to play Mystery Math Museum over some of his other favorite game apps (including Minecraft!) on a day when he didn’t have to choose something educational. - Smart Apps For Kids
With a variety of math skills to practice, varying difficulty levels that can be customized, and a wonderful game-like feel, this app is one kids not only love to play, but they learn a lot too! - Best Apps for Kids
- Parents' Choice Award Winner
- Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award
FUN & FLEXIBLE MATH PRACTICE:
Your mission: use math and strategy to rescue the missing dragonflies that are lost in 8 themed museums. Encounter a quirky cast of entertaining characters on your epic journey as you earn talking portraits for your Gallery.
Customizable math options and unlimited user accounts give parents and teachers great flexibility for a range of ages and skills.
• Unlimited user accounts - create your own avatar
• Customizable math skills for each player:
- Varied Number Representations (dice and tallies)
• 8 themed museums to explore
- Wild West
- Ancient History
• Players develop math thought by building equations, not just tapping answers
• Bonus challenges for extended gameplay
• Unique rewards reveal characters and backstory
• Requires strategy and critical thinking
UNLIMITED USER ACCOUNTS:
Add as many custom profiles as you like. Individual game settings and progress are saved in each player profile. Create different profiles, each tailored for specific practice and abilities.
Mystery Math Town
Mystery Word Town
For more Artgig Apps and demo videos: artgigapps.com
MADE BY EDUCATIONAL GAME DESIGNERS
The game designers at Artgig Apps come from a background of educational software development and we put lots of TLC into every detail of each app we create to ensure a fun and engaging learning experience. We include kids, parents and teachers in our app development and testing to make sure our apps are exceptional tools that kids want to use again and again.
We welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback.
Thanks for playing Mystery Math Museum!
We at Artgig Apps are parents ourselves, and we hold your privacy and the privacy of your child in the highest regard.
We comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
View our privacy statement here: http://www.mysterymathmuseum.com/privacy-policy
Storm & Skye - An Animated Mag...
Storm and Skye discover a magical passageway to a mysterious new world in a car wash. But then something big, angry and very dangerous escapes from the other side. And that something is now luring and growling in the darkness ...
Storm & Skye and The Secret of the Car Wash is an exciting, funny and touching fantasy story about courage, friendship and the boundless world of our imagination. Combining the best features of movies with the best features of books into a great app, this adventure will keep children of any age captivated for hours!
• a magical adventure story of more than 45 minutes in length that children will love!
• beautiful illustrations, animations and engaging music accompanied by a superb narrator who makes the story come alive!
• includes many exciting interactive animations to play with different elements during the story!
• great as a bedtime story and perfect for long car trips!
• no In-App Purchases or distracting ads!
Experience a different kind of storybook adventure on a mobile device. Enjoy the first highly acclaimed episode of a series of magical adventures with Storm & Skye and download today.
Awards & Recognitions
• WINNER Tabby Awards 2015 - Kids 6 and over
• WINNER Best App for Children and Toddlers Contest - Best Mobile App Awards
• WINNER Gold Mom's Choice Award - Mom's Choice Awards
"Besides the beautiful graphics, we also find the sound backdrop of Storm & Skye’s first adventure truly remarkable. Storm & Skye is one of the most remarkable story apps for kids this year – and we are really looking forward to the next editions." - Topbestappsforkids.com
"Stunningly beautiful, magical, and filled with the wonders of imagination, digimoo studios has accomplished what few others can achieve in an audio-visual storybook. Storm and Skye and the Secret of the Car Wash has the feel of a high production movie, all contained within a narrated picture book format." - Teacherswithapps.com
In case you experience any problems with this app, or if you have a question or a remark, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also visit our website: www.digimoostudios.com
Multiplication: Math Facts Car...
!!! “Great Starter App for Multiplication Learners” - SmartAppsForKids
Multiplication: Math Facts Card Matching Game is designed to encourage higher level thinking and reasoning in a fun, and friendly atmosphere.
* customization feature to meet your child's multiplication level
* single-player mode(practice); two-player mode (play with a friend); iComputer mode (play against the Computer)
* three levels
* number of cards: 6, 12, or 18
* “X-Ray” of the cards to help memorizing their position
* audio and visual prompt to encourage taking turns
* child-friendly interactive interface with appealing visual and audio effects
* timing and scoring tracked and reported
* optional tapping game as a reward
Children of all ages and abilities can benefit using this application. The underlying teaching methodology for this application is to help children with multiplication as required in today’s elementary school curriculum. You may choose the number of cards to play. Cards are chosen randomly. The task is to find matching pairs of cards: one with a mathematical expression and the other with its appropriate result. Success may be rewarded with a quick fun game. Apart from the application’s significant contribution in helping children multiply numbers accurately and quickly, Memory Game: Multiplication is also a great tool for developing cognitive skills such as:
The game offers three levels of difficulty:
* one-digit number multiplied by two / double (8 x 2),
* one-digit number multiplied by five (7 x 5),
* multiplication of one-digit numbers (6 x 9)
WATCH VIDEO: http://youtu.be/iGiCLxrEKxI
Caboose - Learn Patterns and S...
► “Applicable2U gives Caboose two thumbs up! It meets our approval for gaming with a reason.” (applicable2u)
► “If you are looking for an innovative way to introduce or reinforce sorting and pattern recognition for your Pre-schooler or Kindergartner, Caboose is just the ticket.” (TheiPhoneMom)
► “With a very interactive and engaging design, your child will be learning and having fun at the same time “ (http://www.iear.org)
► “Kids will definitely have fun with Caboose, and parents and teachers will appreciate the fact that they can customize it, avoiding the frustrations many children experience when they are unable to complete a task or activity.” (iHeartThisApp.com)
► “This is a cute and colorful app that is perfect for preschool and kindergarten age children.“ (LearnThingsWeb)
►Caboose Recommended by Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA)
►Caboose in 10 Best Introductory Math Games for the iPad by Learn Things Web
►Pappa Daniel (www.pappasappar.se) found the app to be educational and beneficial for children so he convinced us to create a Swedish version of the app
TWO games in one App for your kindergartener and preschooler: pattern recognition; sorting objects by size and letters/numbers by position.
1. Complete patterns to help @Reks dinosaur travel from the East coast to the West coast of the USA:
* Pattern type(s): ABAB, AABA, AABB, ABC…;
* Pattern content: shapes, colors, letters (upper/lower case), numbers, mix of any previous patterns (colors and shapes, numbers and letters, shapes and numbers…);
* Narration for each pattern item;
* Choice of narration with names or sounds (phonics) of the letters;
* Option to drag-and-drop or tap the correct item to continue the pattern;
* Caboose helps your child acquire analytical and logical thinking.
2. Sort by rearranging letters, numbers, and shapes to help @Reks dinosaur travel across Europe:
* Rearrange letters in alphabetical order / inverse alphabetical order (option)
* Rearrange numbers in increasing / decreasing order (option)
* Rearrange shapes from largest to smallest / from smallest to largest (option)
* Narration (option)
Pattern recognition and completion as well as sorting represent an important developmental skill for preschool children by expanding their intelligence quotient (IQ). It is a cognitive exercise for your child’s brain. Caboose requires the child to compare concepts and recognize patterns, and to compare size / position and sort objects/letters/numbers accordingly. The process of comparing helps the child prepare for learning to recognize shapes, colors, numbers, size, etc.
Although all children develop as individuals, the age ration below should provide parents as a starting point in helping their children’s performance:
- Ages 4-5: Can complete without assistance.
- Age 3: Can complete with minimal assistance after directions are given.
- Age 2: Introduction to math concepts -- can complete with adult assistance
WATCH VIDEO: http://youtu.be/vlcAUj-_WxE
Sight Words 1-300: Kids Learn
••••• The Kids Learn! Sight Words app series is a 2012 nominee for a Distinguished Achievement Award presented by the Association of Educational Publishers. •••••
Give your child the building blocks needed to learn to read. Combine fun, easy-to-follow activities with hands-on and audio features to jumpstart the learning process. Created by reading experts such as Dr. Fry, Kids Learn Sight Words uses developmentally appropriate approaches to let the child
● hear the words
● practice writing the words
● recognize letters
● record the words with playback
● use the words in activities
It combines fluency, vocabulary, spelling, and comprehension practice with entertaining, engaging graphics in a disguised-learning format. Children will want to play again and again and by doing so, will be learning up to 300 all-important sight words. Great for young learners and older children struggling with reading.
This app contains words 1–300 with planned related activities. Activities change and progress as the child moves along:
• Word Jigsaw Puzzle
Touch a puzzle piece to hear a word. Look for the word on the puzzle outline. Then move the puzzle piece onto the correct place on the puzzle outline. Repeat this process until the entire puzzle is put together. Word Jigsaw Puzzles are random and different each time; play as much as you like.
• Word Tic Tac Toe
Tap on the picture of the ear to hear a word. Click on that word in the Tic Tac Toe grid. Next, the computer takes a turn. Keep playing the computer until one of you has three in a row. The computer will also automatically say the next word to you. Tic Tac Toe games are random and different each time; play as much as you like.
• Word Matching Game
Touch one card to turn it over. Touch another card to find one that matches the first card. Keep turning over cards until you have matched all the pairs. Matching games are random and different each time; play as much as you like.
Look at the blank lines at the bottom of the screen. Tap a letter in the alphabet. If you have correctly guessed a letter in the word, the letter will appear in the blank. If not, a body part will be added to the person. You have ten tries to correctly spell the word. Hang man uses the words you just learned, as you learn five words at a time.
• Word Chain
Use the word tiles to make your own sentences. Be sure to use at least one of the words at the top of the screen in each sentence you make. Then touch the star to have your sentence read to you. Shake to erase and reset the words.
• Star Speller
Touch a star to hear a word. Touch a letter in the word that you heard, and drag the letter into one of the blank boxes. Keep dragging letters into the blank boxes until you have spelled the word. Touch the checkmark to hear the correct spelling of the word.
• Word Search
Touch each word on the left side of the screen to hear it read. Look for each word in the word search. When you find a word, drag your finger from the beginning to the end of the word to highlight it. Word searches are random and different every time; play as much as you like.
Settings: To set specific settings for this app, go to the Apps section at the bottom of the iPad’s settings menu. Touch the Sight Words app’s icon to open its settings. This will allow you to either automatically clear all content when the app is closed or save writings and recordings.
Apps are on sale for a limited time only and subject to price change by developers. Prices were last verified at the time of publishing this post, so always check the App Store for final confirmation before downloading.