- Posted in Daily App Deals
*Featured in Apple’s “Real World Learning” ebook collection for educators*
*Download free ebook: "Apps in the Classroom: Scoodle Jam Lesson Ideas" http://apple.co/1Lsly0z**
*Scoodle Jam - Best New Apps for iPad in the App Store*
*2014 Tech & Learning Award of Excellence winner*
Scoodle Jam empowers teachers with CCSS-aligned content, collaboration, and creation tools to:
* enhance common core instruction
* develop student innovation and learning skills in math, ELA, social studies, and science
* kickstart project based learning (PBL)
Using a combination of the teacher's own lessons with Scoodle Jam's built-in graphic organizers, templates, and projects, students write, draw, type, and add photos to explore concepts, illustrate and share their learning. Using Edmodo credentials, students login to turn in Scoodle Jam-created assignments, save their work to their Edmodo profile, and sync canvases to collaborate with a partner on the same page.
"It’s a space that explicitly, elegantly supports student learning and imagination." - 4 Stars, Common Sense's Graphite Media
**Be sure to sign up for training, pilots & educator lesson guides at http://scootdoodle.com**
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING
“Having a tool like this where students can work together and explain themselves is really valuable in getting them ready for Common Core.” - Amy J., 5th grade teacher, Los Angeles
“I love that students were able to collaborate and make the ideas they were discussing in real time come to life. It's an incredibly engaging tool.” - Jamie G., 4th grade teacher, Kansas City
“The versatility of this product is key for me. I'm able to use it across curriculum areas and with all of my various learners.”-- Melissa K., elementary school media specialist and librarian, Monroe, NC
***BUILT-IN LESSONS, PROJECTS, & TEMPLATES***
Scoodle Jam’s class-ready content is developed with curriculum specialists and educators.
- 9 Graphic Organizers
- 9 types of papers including graph, lined, dottend, and blank.
- 3 Integrated Units:
Mobile Feast: Create a compelling food truck business.
Wild Things: Research animals, then design a new species & help it thrive.
Green Giants: Develop a sustainable community garden.
- 27 Starter Activities
***POWERFUL CREATION TOOLS***
- Digital Manipulatives: Great for all learners to explore concepts, visualize thinking, tell stories. Includes base10 blocks, money, stickmen, animals, foods, talk bubbles.
- Photos: Import images from the web and the world around you to personalize work and create your own manipulatives and content.
- Text Tool: Type unlimited lines of text to label, write out math equations, communicate opinions, and more.
- Drawing Tools: 48 colors & 5 marker sizes to write, draw, and illustrate ideas.
- Collaborative Whiteboard: Sync whiteboards and work together 1:1 on the same page with classmates, teachers, friends, tutors, parents in real-time.* Use WIFI & Edmodo for this feature.
***GET STARTED WITH SCOODLE JAM IN THE CLASSROOM***
Watch our 1 minute videos to see how teachers are using Sooodle Jam for math, ELA, informational text, and project based learning. http://bit.ly/1uniV87
From the makers of the popular, award-winning app Scoot & Doodle on Hangouts. (5-star rating Common Sense Media, 2012 Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award, Parents’ Choice Silver Award)
**50% Discount for Educational Institutions**
Check for details - http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
The App Store Volume Purchase Program allows educational institutions to purchase iOS apps in volume - Scoodle Jam is available under this program - please search for "scoodle jam".
We love to hear from you!
Please share how you & your students are rocking the core with #ScoodleJam.
If you like what we're doing, please rate, review, and share the app.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for training and technical help.
Piano Chord Key
Play the chords of the key or create your own key. The Piano Chord Key app makes learning chords simple! Play the chord simply by tapping the row of the chord you would like to hear. You can browse and play chords by key, type of chord, or create your own key and chord progressions from the create tab of the app. Put together some of your favorite chords and sample the sound of your new chord progression. Want a more detailed view of the chord simply click the indicator button to see an up close view of the chord. A great app for musicians of all skill levels, create and try out new chord progressions while your on the go with Piano Chord Key.
Spell Gems combines the thrill of gem-matching with your favorite Word Game.
Play head-to-head match games using Game Center.
Create the right word-gem combos and unlock an avalanche of fun!
• Discover treasures and mini-games
• With each new level, your fun doubles
• Play by yourself or compete with friends
• The more gems you match, the higher you rise
You've never had so much fun playing a Word Game before!
Produce expressive notes quickly and easily using a natural handwriting interface that feels just like writing on paper.
- ThinkWriter combines effectively with a stylus for quick and easy note-taking. With your stylus in hand, change ink color and pen size with a single touch.
- ThinkWriter doesn't just let you write notes; it focuses on making the notes you have written as easy to use as possible. For instance, ThinkWriter remembers the page headers of your notes, allowing you to find the page you're looking for in an instant.
- Its simple and unobtrusive interface allows you to concentrate on making notes. Use traditional white paper, or choose from a selection of concentration-boosting tints, such as legal yellow or relaxing pink.
- Use markers and maskers to test your memory – perfect for cramming for exams.
- As well as standard, all-purpose grid-ruled paper, and line-ruled paper suited to writing, ThinkWriter also includes the useful dot-ruled paper format, perfect for taking notes from the blackboard. Whether you're studying for exams or planning a business presentation, taking notes while reading, making essay plans or sketching, ThinkWriter turns your iPhone or iPad into a multi-purpose note-taking machine.
iTooch 5th Grade App | Math, L...
With more than 4,500 exercises, iTooch 5th Grade is a new and fun way of practicing and learning Maths, Language Arts, Science and Health for 5th Graders.
== iTooch 5th Grade includes iTooch 5th Grade Math, one of the TOP TEN 'Tried and True Apps' selected by TeacherswithApps.com. ==
It is, by far, the largest collection of educational activities based on the US National Common Core Standards on the App Store.
Used by more than 4,000,000 users, iTooch apps provide comprehensive learning solutions which help parents, teachers and students to identify and address learning needs in a fun and motivating way.
== ELIGIBLE FOR THE APPLE VOLUME PURCHASE PROGRAM ==
iTooch 5th Grade content can be evaluated before purchase by downloading the iTooch Elementary School App, which provides free access to an extract of the same content.
== UNIQUE SET OF FEATURES ==
‣ A clear, simple and colorful interface to engage children to learn with fun
‣ Speech synthesis to help young users in reading and text comprehension
‣ Multi-player management
‣ Font size adjustment to suit everyone’s needs
‣ An embedded calculator
‣ A virtual blackboard
‣ A lesson summary attached to each chapter
‣ In-app feedback to send suggestions to the author
== PARENTS AND KIDS LOVE OUR APPS ==
‣ "This app has been everything I was looking for. Multiple question types including decimal points and word problems. The ability to test the learning. And here's the kicker: it is so much fun, I had to pull my 5th grader off of it after 2 hours!"
‣ "My son is home schooled plus goes to a charter school. This program makes it easy to supplement his schoolwork without buying a lot of books or printing worksheets. I recommend it for all parents who are committed to their children's education."
== WHAT TEACHERS HAVE SAID ==
‣ "I just downloaded your apps. Wow. They are amazing. I have been using the iPad for over a year in my class and I have to say that this is one if the best apps I have seen in a long time."
‣ "A terrific app that covers a lot of ground concept-wise. This app combines a no-frills approach to content while still providing the user with an exciting learning experience. The mascot is adorable and keeps kids on task with lots of encouragement and there is a lesson summary available when needed."
== OUR APPLICATION CONTAINS ==
‣ 4 titles: Mathematics, Language Arts, Science, Health
‣ 40-60 chapters per title with lessons, examples, and figures.
‣ 1,500-2,500 questions per title with clues, detailed explanations and images.
‣ iTooch 5th Grade is by far the most comprehensive educative tool on the App Store for students in 5th grade.
Discover our apps for 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade and 8th Grade to practice Language Arts, Math and Science. iTooch apps comply with the US National Common Core standards for K1, K2, K3, K4, K5, K6, K7 and K8.
== CONTACT ==
‣ Facebook: http://facebook.com/itoochapps
‣ Twitter: @itooch
‣ Website: http://edupad.com
Apps are on sale for a limited time only and subject to price change by developers. Prices were last verified at the time of publishing this post, so always check the App Store for final confirmation before downloading.