- Posted in Top App Lists
Is your child struggling with reading? Do you have a hard time teaching reading? With so many words to learn that’s no surprise. Open up a world of adventure for your kids. Teaching kids to read using one or more of the top 15 reading apps for children makes it fun. In fact, teaching reading has never been easier, and these reading apps are great for teaching reading both in and out of the classroom. Download them easily to any device, and let your kids practice learning to read whenever they like. You won’t have to force them to practice. Your child will be excited to use their favorite reading apps. Teaching kids to read doesn’t have to be a challenge. Parents and teachers will be impressed at reading levels when teaching kids to read with popular apps that make it more convenient.
** App Store's Editor's Choice **
*From the team at ORIGINATOR - the creators of the beloved Endless Alphabet and Sesame Street's Monster at the End of This Book and Another Monster.... Originator is a team of passionate artists and engineers dedicated to the best education+entertainment apps for kids.*
As a follow-up to Endless Alphabet, set the stage for early reading success with Endless Reader! This app introduces "sight words", the most commonly used words in school, library, and children's books. Kids need to recognize these words by sight in order to achieve reading fluency. Recognizing sight words is advantageous for beginning readers because many of these words have unusual spelling, cannot be sounded out using phonics knowledge, and often cannot be represented using pictures.
Kids will have a blast learning sight words and their context and usage with the adorable Endless monsters. Each word features an interactive word puzzle with letters that come alive, and then a sentence puzzle with words that become what they describe. See the word "dog" as a barking dog, and the word "up" reach for the sky!
** NOTE: You must be online and have sufficient disk space while running the app to get all words in the app. **
- 6 words free to try with additional word packs available for purchase.
- Delightful animations reinforce sight recognition of words in a fun and interactive way.
- Word puzzles reinforce spelling using lower-case letters and the sentence puzzles teach definition and usage (in addition to sight recognition).
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus makes letters and words react in an extra special way!
- Endless Reader was designed with your children in mind. There are no high scores, failures, limits or stress. Your children can interact with the app at their own pace.
Starfall Learn to Read
The Learn to Read index content from the starfall.com website is now a FREE app!
The Starfall Learn to Read FREE app is made possible by the member supporters of Starfall.com, a publicly supported charity. The activities at Starfall.com motivate through exploration, positive reinforcement, and play.
Since 2002 Children around the world have learned to read with Zac the Rat — and your child will too! Each numbered section features a vowel sound and its related spelling. Your child will hear, touch, read and eventually master this sound-spelling through a variety of engaging activities, movies, and songs. Encourage your child to play and explore! Your child will come to recognize the relationship between spoken and written language while having fun learning to read. This app is excellent for emerging readers and English language learners.
Sight Words List - Learn to Re...
"Fun, simple, and fully customizable. I can even create my own lists. Love it!" - iPhone Mom and Teacher
Help Your Child Learn to Read
Sight Words, also known as the Dolch List are an integral part in learning how to read. The Dolch Word list contains 315 words that are broken down into appropriate age groups. It is important for young readers to be able to instantly recognize these high frequency words in order to be proficient and fluent readers.
Why Sight Words from Alligator Apps? We believe that educational apps should be ridiculously fun, immensely educational, and affordable for all.
Fortunately, hundreds of thousands of parents agree and have turned us into one of the hottest app developers for kids on the iPad. 🙂
Ideal for Kids 1 - 4 Years Old
Alligator Apps User Stories:
"I love this app! It's so awesome because you can make your own cards! And you can record your own voice. I made a card for my pet cat Byron. It's so cute!"
"Must-have app! My daughter (23 months) loves the flashcards with the sounds as my wife and I have recorded our voices with the sounds each animal makes! Outstanding as whenever we ask our daughter if she wants to do words, she laughs and screams Yes! Keep up the excellent work and we look forward to more outstanding products!"
"Wonderful App! As a mom & as a certified Kindergarten teacher, I love this app. I use it with my infant twins daily & am brainstorming ways to use it with my students in the fall (specifically the shapes)!"
"I love this app. You can customize all the flashcards with your own voice plus add your own. My baby loves it and his older siblings had so much fun recording their voices to the animal flashcards along with silly animal sounds. It is probably one if the most fun baby apps available."
Why you and your kids will love this app:
• Add your own cards - you can add an unlimited number of new words and record your own voice
• Add new lists - you can add and group flash cards into customizable lists which is ideal for learning
• Fun & engaging voice artist keeps kids engaged
• The application works both in portrait and landscape mode
• 5 unique game modes from easy (2 words only) to challenging (6 words per page)
• Support three learning modes i. new word on click with audio ii. new word on click with no default audio iii. new word on swipe with audio on click
• Fully customizable font size, font color, spelling (upper case, lower case, etc.)
• Unique continuous looping feature so you can go through hundreds of flashcards automatically
• Customizable speed - you decide how fast to go from flashcard to flashcard
• Infant mode - includes ability to select extra large font size and red font color (ideal for babies less than 12 months of age)
• Don't want to teach a given word? No problem, just delete the card
• Multi-sensory learning tool - combining audio, voice, and written words
• Backup, synch, and share your custom flashcards via Dropbox integration
Unprecedented Heroic Support
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at email@example.com
Short Vowel Word Study
Teaching kids to spell includes much more than a list of spelling words students should memorize and write on a spelling test each week. Effective spelling methods do not rely on rote memorization, but are developmentally appropriate and hands-on. Word Study is a widely research-based spelling approach whose purpose is to “examine words in order to reveal the logic and consistencies within [the] written language system and to help student achieve mastery in recognizing, spelling, and defining specific words” (Words Their Way, Bear, et. al, 2012).
Word Study is developmentally appropriate because it takes into consideration what the student understands or does not yet understand about spellings and word meanings to discover where spelling instruction should start. This is accomplished by looking at the student’s misspellings of certain word patterns (from simple words like man to more complex words such as multitude). It is hands-on in that it requires students to analyze, manipulate, and create meaningful and logical generalizations of how word spellings work.
Short Vowels Word Study app is based on the Word Study approach described above and is for students in the late Letter Name-Alphabetic Spellers to early Within Word Pattern Spellers, according to the spelling development levels of Words Their Way.
Short Vowels Word Study helps kids learn the spelling patterns related to word families and longer short vowel words through developmentally appropriate and hands-on spelling activities.
Short Vowels Word Study teaches kids who are ready for:
> word families,
> short vowel words (CVC), and
> longer short vowel words with blends and diagraphs (CCVC and CVCC)
The Spelling Activities Included:
SORT IT - Sorting words based on their spelling pattern.
FIND IT - Analyzing words based on their patterns and finding the one that does not fit based on its phonics sound or visual pattern.
SPELL IT - Manipulating letter tiles to spell short vowel words.
WRITE IT - Spelling short vowel words by tracing and writing the word.
Short Vowels Word Study Bonus Sections
- a parent section that explains the theory behind the spelling activities included in the app
- a “Word Fun” section, where kids can play hands-on spelling games after earning stars from their spelling activities
We take privacy very seriously:
Does not contain ads
Does not contain integration with social networks
Does not use analytics / data collection tools
Does not contain in-app purchases
Does contain web links for parents
To read more about teaching kids to spell through a developmental approach to spelling, visit This Reading Mama or purchase her book, Teaching Kids to Spell.
Reading Raven HD
Help your children learn to read with their own personal reading adventure guide!
▸ Voted Most Awesome Kids App of 2012 by over 100,000 Red Tricycle readers
▸ A Parents' Choice Award Winner
▸ Apple Staff Favorite and What's Hot in Education
▸ Rated Among Best Five iPad Apps to Teach Your Kid How to Read by Huffington Post
▸ Voted Among 12 Best Children’s Educational iPad Apps Released In 2012 by Teachers with Apps
"Reading Raven has one of the strongest educational and design foundations we have seen." -- Kindertown
"Finally – a seriously educational app that leads children from early phonological awareness and phonics right up to reading full sentences while integrating printing skills and teaching through games. Reading Raven for iPad is an incredible learn-to-read app, easily the best I’ve encountered to date in the App Store. I’m in love." -- Apps For Homeschooling
"If you are looking for a great iPad program for children’s early, emerging skills, this is the one I would recommend." -- Dr. Richard Selznick, Director of Cooper Learning Center and author of The Shut-Down Learner
"I can see [Kaylee] really learning and growing with this. Already she's starting to learn more and faster than she ever has before." -- Rita Webb, mother of two
Reading Raven is an extremely engaging learn-to-read educational game that provides step-by-step reading lessons designed to help young children build a solid foundation for reading.
- Self-paced lessons take kids all the way from pre-reading to reading sentences!
- 11 types of super fun games/activities that teach critical sub-skills!
- Configure profiles for multiple children!
- Fully customizable by age or reading level!
- Speed and tolerance dynamically adapt to motor control ability!
- Sticker rewards that reinforce what was learned!
- No pressure tactics!
- Extremely effective voice instructions and feedback!
- Free form letter and word writing!
- Children can pause and save their progress anytime!
- Beautiful hand-illustrated artwork!
- No third party advertising!
- No external links to social network sites!
With the Reading Raven companion guiding them along, children will go on delightful fun-filled adventures where they will encounter fly eating frogs, caterpillars that turn into butterflies, circus acrobats, ball balancing seals, underwater sea creatures, snow monsters, flying penguins, space robots, rhyming rockets, and much more!
Reading Raven includes the following progression of self-paced educational activities:
Ages 3 and Up
- Letter matching
- Letter tracing
- Letter recognition
- Word matching
Ages 4 and Up
- Word beginnings
- Word building (spelling)
- Word spotting
Ages 5 and Up
- Reading aloud using voice recording
- Word tracing
- Word groups (rhyming and beginning sounds)
Reading Raven includes five extensive lessons, with hundreds of individual activities in total. Parents and teachers will find the multi-sensory learning games to be a great complement to traditional classroom and home-based reading instruction.
Recommended Ages: 3-7
Categories: Reading, Phonics, Letters, Spelling, Writing, Vocabulary, Early Learning, Special Needs
Build your child's reading confidence with Reading Raven and watch their learning take flight.
Happy Reading Adventures!
MORE INFO, FEEDBACK & SUPPORT
Learn more about the product and our team: http://www.readingraven.com/
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/readingraven
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/readingraven
If you have feedback or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d love to hear from you!
We have kids too and take the privacy of you and your children seriously. This product does not collect any personally identifiable information by default.
Sight Words - An early reading...
Welcome to Sight Words, a fun-filled adventure where children can learn to recognize, read, and write up to 320 sight words!
The beloved game of Hide-and-Seek is the central point of the app because it symbolically explores the cognitive skills necessary to remember sight words such as: visual attention, the morphology of the forest setting (i.e. the letters in a word), active listening, and of course visual memorization.
Developed with the The English Common Core State Standards in mind, this app will ensure that children have increased exposure to high frequency words that appear in text. These interactions will enable them to acquire the words into their long term memory. Our list was chosen based on Dolch’s and Fry’s compilations which account for over 50% of words that appear in printed text.
Recommended Ages 3-8
***Parent's Choice Silver Award Winner Fall 2015***
***By tapping into every kid's love of hide-and-seek, your child will practice the cognitive skills necessary to remember sight words. Parents.com***
• 10 timeless mini-games
• 320 sight words spread across 5 levels (PreK- Grade 3)
• Algorithm that chooses words based on Hermann Ebbinghaus’ memory theories
• Choose to play with UPPERCASE or lowercase letters
• Personalized and customizable play to include specific sight words chosen by parents or teachers
• Multi-user interface
• Accessible to children with disabilities (VoiceOver compatible)
• Universal app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
• Secure gaming environment: No ads, no external links, no in-app purchase, no social media access, no personal information request
• Real time dashboard to track progress
• Bright, colorful, and encouraging characters
• Clear, concise instructions
Edoki Academy’s mission is to provide children with enjoyable early-learning activities using the latest technologies. Our team members, many of whom are young parents or teachers, strive to produce tools that motivate and inspire children to learn, play, and progress.
We take your child’s privacy very seriously, for this reason, we are proud to offer a product that is certified COPPA compliant by Privo.
CONNECT WITH US!
If you have any support requests, comments, or questions do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or visit the Edoki Academy Online Community at edokiacademy.com. We’d love to hear from you!
"I knew I had a winner when I used Articulation Station with my kids, the parents saw how much fun it was, and bought it immediately for home practice!" -Sherry Artemenko, SLP
**Note** The P sound program comes free with this download. Additional sound programs can be purchased from within the app as needed.
Download the best articulation app on the App Store and learn how to pronounce and practice the consonantal sounds in the English language with 6 fantastic and engaging articulation activities!
Created by a certified Speech-Language Pathologist, Articulation Station is a full featured articulation application to help children as well as adults learn to speak and pronounce their sounds more clearly. Beautiful high quality images represent target words to be practiced in fun-filled activities with the assistance of a Speech-Language Pathologist, teacher or parent.
Articulation Station is the only articulation application offering practice at the WORD, PHRASE, SENTENCE and STORY levels all in one app! These activities are so fun your kids will love practicing their sounds and forget they are actually "working" on their articulation.
Each of the 22 sound programs target sounds in the initial, medial and final positions of words, sentences and stories. The majority of sounds (p,b,m,d,n,t,k,g,f,v,ch,j,z,sh,th) have 60 target words each. The l,r and s sound programs target blends as well. Additionally the r sound program has ALL the vocalic r's!
ARTICULATION STATION FEATURES:
- Quick tips for teaching each sound
- 20 target words per sound position (initial, medial, final)
- Beautiful high quality images
- Create custom word lists
- Shuffle multiple sounds
- Flashcard activity
- Matching activity
- Rotating Sentences (like carrier phrases)
- Unique Sentences
- Level 1 stories with picture prompts and comprehension questions
- Level 2 stories with comprehension questions
- In depth Scoring and data tracking for each child/student
- Student profiles
- Group sessions (Up to 6 students at one time!)
- Voice recording and playback feature for monitoring responses
- Save audio recordings
- Backup and restore your data
When ALL SOUNDS have been purchased:
- ADD YOUR OWN IMAGES!
- Over 1,200 target words
- 96 Rotating Sentences
- Over 1300 Unique Sentences
- 96 Level 1 stories
- 96 Level 2 stories
Beautiful, easy to interpret, real life images with audio reinforcement.
Exciting matching game that will keep everyone entertained!
Fixed sentence loaded with target sounds and paired with rotating target words.
A new sentence for every target word with an average of three target sounds per sentence.
LEVEL 1 STORIES
Short, silly rhymes for each sound position with multiple target words, pictures and comprehension questions.
LEVEL 2 STORIES
Short, creative stories for each sound
position with multiple target words and comprehension questions.
We hope you enjoy using Articulation Station. Please take a quick moment to rate the app and share your experience with others. Your input is much appreciated!
Pirate Phonics 1 : Kids learn ...
Rated 5/5 and Recommended by educationalappstore.com, official advisor to the Tablets for Schools scheme.
Pirate Phonics offers fun and Phonics for kids who are just learning to read/recognise letters and simple CVC words. Pirate phonics uses the concept of a child’s dream
about pirates as the theme of an educational game to develop skills in the
basic phonics. It is a very large App which uses 5 ‘treasure islands’ with a
‘phonic’ route map across each island to recover the treasure stolen by
Blackbeard the pirate. Each phonic is introduced by a pirate with ‘phonic
challenges’. By passing the challenges coins are collected and the child heads
towards where Blackbeard has hidden the treasure. Each island is completed when
the children use phonic challenges to open the treasure chest, but of course
that’s not the end!
Pirate Phonics is a very large App which has been designed to support the first stages of phonic learning over an extended period, at least several weeks. Each phonic is emphasised through the use of several ‘picture words’ which are deliberately read slowly by the narrator. Once a phonic has been unlocked and learned the child can revisit that island and phonic at any time. The whole App introduces more than 300 words.
The 5 Treasure Islands introduce the phonics 1 at a time before using blends to form simple words (mainly CVC). Phonics introduced in this App include:
•s a t p d
•n m i g o
•c e u r h
•k b f l j
•v w x y z
•ck ff qu ss zz
•ll ch sh th ng th
If your child just wants to learn words related to any individual phonic then that can be selected from the ‘extras’ area on the start screen without going through every island. Another similar Pirate Phonics App will be released soon to complete the whole phonics spectrum; this will focus even more on blending, word building and reading groups of words.
Pirate Phonics 2 is available now!
Note : This app does not support iOS 5.1
www.unit11apps.com | facebook.com/unit11apps
The Word Monsters: Learn to Re...
Introducing The Word Monsters, a new and innovative series of interactive, decodable readers! Join Tag and his friends on their adventures while developing reading skills in a visually rich, highly engaging environment.
This carefully structured program combines standard phonics-based instruction with engaging interactive stories to make learning to read fun! Each book also contains three activities that build on the skills addressed in each book.
Developed by experienced industry professionals for use at home or in a school setting, The Word Monsters provides explicit alignments to the US Common Core State Standards—download now and try the first book for free!
•Richly designed visuals and engaging stories featuring 5 quirky fun-loving monster characters, each with their own special ability
•Developed in accordance with the US Common Core State Standards and addressing the three main strands: Literature, Foundational Skills, and Language
•Synchronized professional voiceover audio with text highlighting
•Ability to decode or "sound out" individual words by touching them
•Interactive screen elements, providing additional engagement and vocabulary
•Character speech and accompanying speech bubbles for richer reading
•Standards correlated phonics, vocabulary, and comprehension instruction on every screen via an animated "Reading Buddy" character
•"Read on Your Own" or "Read to Me Mode" with automatic event triggering to allow for greater accessibility
•Three standards correlated activities at the end of each book focusing on phonics, vocabulary, and reading comprehension
•Accompanying Teaching Notes and Student Print Activities available free from our website
Some Key Features in Detail
Every sentence in a Word Monster story can be read aloud by touching the audio icon to the left of the sentence, with highlighting of each word so that students can associate the printed word with its sound. Each decodable word can also be touched to sound it out e.g., touching the word "Tag" will result in the audio sounding out each individual letter – /T/ /A/ /G/ – before blending the sounds together to say "Tag."
Each screen in the Word Monster books features optional supplementary instruction around phonemic awareness, print concepts, reading comprehension, vocabulary, and sight words. This instruction is aligned to the US Common Core State Standards. Some of this instruction takes a question/answer format, with the Reading Buddy playing the role of a teacher or parent prompting the student and keeping him/her at the edge of his/her learning curve.
Every screen in the Word Monster books is enriched with interactive objects, each of which can be touched to trigger a fun animation. In the process, the object is named in the audio and the corresponding word appears on screen. The goal of these interactions is to entertain the child, while at the same time increasing vocabulary by introducing more challenging words in an engaging way.
Children can interact directly with the characters on screen by touching them to elicit a response in the form of a short phrase that relates to events in the story. This speech is simultaneously displayed in a speech bubble to support the audio. This feature allows the user to engage with the story in another fun way, while also introducing richer, more challenging vocabulary than that contained in the main decodable text.
Phonics Fun on Farm Educationa...
50% OFF SALE - LAUNCH DISCOUNT TODAY: December 12-31, 2016
***** WONDERFULLY EDUCATIONAL READING PROGRAM FOR BEGINNING READERS (AGES 2-7).
***** Developed in cooperation with educational specialists by an award-winning educational studio, 22learn, the creator of the best-selling apps for kids, to best prepare your children for success in kindergarten and school curriculum.
Join Farmer Frank and his animals to learn how to read!
* HIGLY RECOMMENDED by Best Apps for Kids!
“Phonics: Fun on Farm is an outstanding app that will keep the kids learning all through their early years as they develop reading skills.” Sandra Fleming, bestappsforkids.com.
* Voted APP OF THE WEEK by iHeartThisApp readers (05/11/14 - 05/18/14)
* 5 stars by the iPhone Mom
“I really enjoyed the Phonics: Fun on Farm app! I would definitely recommend this app to parents of early readers or those who are ready to begin learning the basics of reading. I will be playing this app with my 3 year old son for sure!” theiphonemom.com
* Teachers with Apps review:
“Phonics: Fun on Farm is a strong app for guiding reading readiness or beginner readers, as its focus is on traditional educational standards for phonemic awareness. The app is geared towards beginning readers ages 3-7 and rests on a comprehensive foundation, as supported by its content throughout.” teacherswithapps.com
Discover how your child can turn from a non-reader to a reader in 12 fun and rigorous educational games! Our new Phonics: Fun on Farm app with its systematic phonics method of reading instruction uses the best practices for teaching reading. In this comprehensive package for beginning readers, we cover essential reading sub-skills including phoneme recognition, letter-sound relationships, letter writing, blending sounds to form words, spelling, and reading words and simple sentences.
Compared to other high-end reading programs, the app excels in its gradual introduction of groups of letters based on their ability to form words, its scaffolding options, multi-user performance analysis, and an amazing variety of games for maximum practice.
WONDERFULLY COMPREHENSIVE READING PACKAGE FOR BEGINNING READERS (AGES 2-7).
PHONEMIC AWARENESS, INTRODUCTION TO LETTER-SOUND RELATIONSHIPS, LETTER WRITING, LETTER RECOGNITION, SPELLING, AND READING WORDS AND SENTENCES.
Feed the animals, herd the sheep back to their barns, or build your own beautiful farm while mastering the reading basics! Phonics: Fun on Farm is an ideal app to help young learners lay foundation for their future reading adventures.
•12 fabulous games that teach essential reading skills.
• Complex reading instruction that includes development of phonemic awareness, letter-sound relationships, writing and letter recognition, spelling, and reading fluency.
•Letter-sound relationships for the sounds of the most common consonants and short vowels.
• Over 250 decodable words, 100 captions and sentences, and the most frequent sight words.
• 6 scenes with hundreds of motivational stickers that allow children to build their own farm.
• Multi-user customization and performance analysis.
• Great preparation and practice for Preschool, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade children.
12 FABULOUS FUN GAMES THAT TEACH ESSENTIAL READING SKILLS:
1) Matching Sounds
2) Initial Sounds
3) Flash Cards
4) Letter Sounds
5) Tracing Letters
6) Uppercase and Lowercase Letters
7) Blending Sounds
10) Sight Words
11) Fluent Reading
12) Word Bingo
Teach Me to Read with Carla. B...
“Teach Me to Read” is a tool created for progressive reading practice by kids ages 5 to 7.
• 3 difficulty levels and reading comprehension activities tailored to each level.
• 3 font types: Stick, School and Printing Press.
• 7 languages: Catalan, English (U.S. and United Kingdom), Spanish (Spain and Latin America), Italian, French, German and Portuguese (Brazil).
• Confidence and autonomy: readers can explore the different levels, advancing and mastering them at their own pace.
• Designed in cooperation with teachers. Tested by kids, parents and teachers.
• Pedagogical design based on the Constructivist Approach and the Montessori Method.
• No in-app purchases or advertising to disrupt you and your child. 100% safe for children: no access to social networks or the Internet.
What will I find?
• Three ways of enjoying the same story:
1 For the child who still does not know how to read and needs to discover the world through simple words.
2 For the child who can read with more precision and wishes to explore more details of the story.
3 For the child who already knows how to read and is capable of fully undertaking the adventure of discovering the pleasure of reading.
• 7 languages so you can switch between languages, familiarize yourself with a new one, or simply practice two mother tongues.
• Reading comprehension activities tailored to each level. Learning to read is about more than pronouncing the phonemes in the alphabet and spelling words.
• “Carla's Tooth” A way of learning about the different traditions surrounding the loss of baby teeth. An original story that instills values. Much more than a book!
This story is available in other languages on other apps from AucaDigital.
Other benefits for the child
• Thanks to the reading comprehension activities children not only know that they have understood the story, but are also able to improve their sensory-perceptual development by exercising their memory, attention, concentration and capacity for observation.
• Helps children to acquire values and personal and social skills.
• Interactive illustrations that you won't be able to resist touching again and again.
• An original soundtrack and audio effects during reading.
• A setup menu that is easy for kids to use, available on each screen: change of font, music on/off, access to scenes, and language change.
• “Teach Me to Read” is an educational app for use at home and in school.
• Recommended for the reading and writing skills teaching/learning process for preschool and first grade primary school students.
We take your privacy and that of your family seriously. We do not collect or share information about you or your children, or include third-party advertising.
If you need assistance, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not hesitate to comment and vote on our app once downloaded.
OPINIONS OF USERS
I really liked how you could grade content to this book, depending on the level of a child's competency. There are no IAPs or ads, and I would definitely recommend this to families and teachers.
Está muy bien!
Parece un cuento, pero es mucho más. Mi hija ha de cinco años mejorado la lectura y disfruta haciendo las actividades. Es genial para después que han aprendido el abc.
OPINIONS ON AUCADIGITAL APPS
“(…) At the beginning of the stories, there are settings that can be modified to suit the needs of a particular child. It is possible to choose from three different levels of difficulty in the text. The text can be displayed in block letters, in cursive, or in all capital letters, depending on your preference.” (http://www.funeducationalapps.com/)
“(…) una de las mejores aplicaciones para niños de iPhone y iPad que hemos encontrado ya que aprovecha al máximo el uso y la posibilidad de los cuentos.” (http://appleweblog.com)
Hooked on Phonics - The #1 Lea...
Hooked on Phonics is Highly Effective and Incredibly Fun. Nurture your child's reading and confidence with the right blend of interactive learn-to-read tools. This award-winning app is based on research, approved by the Children’s Reading Foundation, and designed in conjunction with leading educators, renowned authors, and most importantly, parents.
• Perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade readers (ages 3-7).
• Correlates to federal and state reading proficiency standards through 1st grade.
• Over 200 songs, award-winning videos, interactive games, reading lessons, & ebooks.
• Earn virtual awards and achievements.
• Ebook library with stories to complement every lesson.
• Use on multiple devices – pick up where you left off, no matter where you are.
• Add multiple readers and track their progress individually.
• IT'S HIGHLY EFFECTIVE AND INCREDIBLY FUN!
Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read contains 24 progressive lessons featuring leveled learning activities that cover key building blocks of reading: short vowels, simple plurals, simple compound words, beginning and ending consonant digraphs and blends, two-syllable words, and sight words.Each lesson concludes with a story specially written with the words just learned. Your child will read this book, proudly, on their own.
If your child is in Pre-K, has not quite mastered the alphabet and letter sounds, or they are struggling with Step 1 of the Learn to Read program, The Big Reading Show may be a good place to start. The Big Reading Show is an exciting preschool learning program that introduces pre-readers to the alphabet and letter sounds – critical skills they’ll need to begin Step 1 of the Learn to Read program. Part variety show, part interactive game, The Big Reading Show features 13 episodes, each one an exploration of letters, words, text concepts, phonemic awareness, and vocabulary.
Over 5 million children have learned to read using the Hooked on Phonics program. Start your child on the path to becoming a confident lifelong reader and learner. Download Hooked on Phonics today.
WHAT PARENTS AND KIDS ARE SAYING:
• “[My kids] are excited and reciting stuff that they learned from Hooked on Phonics.” Joe – Atlanta, Georgia
• “Hooked on Phonics does it for you… it’s not hard. So as a parent, it’s doable.” – Alexa & Joe, parents and Hooked on Phonics customers
• “On the first day of school I got this good book, and I just finished it. And I’m loving reading.” Michael – Struggling Reader
• “I started getting honor roll in class.” Michelle – Reader 5 levels behind
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD:
Hooked on Phonics is FREE TO TRY. Step 1 of Learn to Read (includes 3 lessons), and the first episode of The Big Reading Show (Explorer Day), are unlocked and available for download immediately. Try it before you buy it, and experience the joy of your child reading their first book.
- Hooked on Phonics provides a 7-day free trial, which upon completion, becomes a monthly subscription charged to the user’s iTunes account
- Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user by going to account settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Sky Fish Phonics
**Apple "New & Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" Featured Education App**
**Apple "10 Great Kids Apps" Featured iPad App
**Reviewers call Sky Fish Phonics "Perfect," "Superb," and "Amazing"**
Spark your child’s love of reading with an adventure unlike any other! Sky Fish Phonics is a dazzling learn-to-read game that guides your child through our rock-solid curriculum at their own personal pace. Designed by experts. Loved by kids. Prized by parents like you.
"A superb phonics game that kids would love to play and learn to read with. The amazing graphics, superb sound effects and music, exciting gameplay and eye-popping rewards will soon get your kids hooked. An ideal digital phonics program for use both at home and in the classroom." -- the iMums (Awarded 5-Star Rating)
"Wow! It's a great app for working on sound/letter correspondence, sound blending, and phoneme substitution. My daughter is enthralled with it. I highly recommend parents of 4-6 year olds (along with younger advanced kids and older kids who are behind) download this great app." -- Smart Apps for Kids
"My 4 year old really enjoys it! The gaming piece is fun and challenging for him, and I love the reading practice!" -- Samantha, mother
Watch your child's learning take flight as they help Sky Fish soar across the skies! With 20 unique levels of physics-based gameplay and dozens of delightful Sky Fish costumes to earn, Sky Fish Phonics delivers dynamic learning that kids just love.
- Powered by our MyPath adaptive learning engine, which responds in real-time as your child learns and guides them through our reading program at their own personal pace
- Rigorous reading curriculum designed by educational experts to best prepare your child for success in kindergarten
- 20 levels of physics-based puzzle gameplay to keep them engaged in learning and build their whole brain
- 20+ fun costumes to earn to customize their Sky Fish character
- Aligned with Common Core State Standards for kindergarten literacy
- Extremely effective voice instructions, feedback, and scaffolding
Sky Fish Phonics includes the following progression of crucial reading activities:
- Letter recognition
- Letter-sound correspondence
- Reading consonant-vowel-consonant (CVC) word groups
- Word building (substituting individual sounds in CVC words to build new words)
Recommended Ages: 4-6
Categories: Reading, Phonics, Letters, Spelling
MORE INFO, FEEDBACK, AND SUPPORT
Learn more about the product and our team: http://www.knowbilitygames.com
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/knowbilitygames
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/knowbilitygames
If you have feedback, please email us at email@example.com
We’d love to hear from you!
Curious George Goes Camping by...
**A Children eBook Awards Silver Winner - Best Language Development and Early Childhood App**
**A National Parenting Publications Awards Silver Winner - Children’s Products**
Discover the Great Outdoors and get your child ready to learn how to read with Curious George in this new entertaining story!
Based on Margret Rey and H. A. Rey’s children’s book and the hit PBS KIDS TV series, this animated story featuring Curious George is part of iRead With, a new read-aloud program created to foster language development and help preschoolers get ready to read.
George tries to be helpful, but he of course just ends up upsetting a nearby camper. As he’s hiding in the woods, he meets a forest creature who catapults the mischievous monkey into a chain of even more outrageous events!
“This perennial children’s favorite offers some great read-aloud options, putting it a cut above most ebooks for young children. Curious George is lovable, as always, and the app encourages many early reading and language skills." - Best Apps For Kids
“I love how the app helps young children develop their speech and language skills, as well as their vocabulary and comprehension, while reading through a fun story. I would definitely recommend this app to parents of preschoolers, especially those with fans of Curious George!" - The iPhone Mom
iRead With animated stories encourage a participative reading experience engaging both child and parent. This new shared-reading method was created in conjunction with University of McGill University Child Phonology Lab, where extensive research shows that the most effective read-alouds are those where children are actively involved.
READ AND TALK
Narrative sequences are punctuated by prompts and conversation starters, inviting parent and child to talk about the story and the world around us.
PRIMARY SKILLS DEVELOPED
Foundational literacy skills, speech and oral language, vocabulary, phonological awareness, emergent literacy concepts, narrative skills and comprehension strategies.
Touch Living Words to trigger sounds and animations!
Animations are tied to the story to create a meaningful experience. Tap them to find a surprise!
PERSONALIZE YOUR READING EXPERIENCE
Choose the characters for your avatars, select the level of difficulty for the prompts and set your reading options.
RECORD YOUR OWN VOICE
Important words can be recorded. Children can also create and record their own dialogue lines.
Play with Curious George and his friends and create your own animated stories in the Story Theater. This activity develops storytelling and narrative skills, and is also a lot of fun!
Choose to have the story automatically narrated, always after a first shared-reading experience.
READ THE STORY AGAIN!
There are three reading levels with more living words to discover, and new prompts to engage conversation.
Find out more on www.ireadwith.com.
Have questions, suggestions or concerns? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
Copyright © 2015 by Tribal Nova Inc. All rights reserved. iReadWith and its logo are trademarks of Tribal Nova Inc.
Curious George ®, created by Margret and H. A. Rey, is a registered trademark and the Curious George logo is a trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company and used under license. All rights reserved.
Homer - #1 Learn to Read Progr...
Homer is the most reliable and effective app for teaching your child to read
The Best Reading App for Kids - shown to increase early reading scores by 74%
Try Homer FREE for 30 days!
Cultivate a love of reading in your child today!
- 1,000+ phonics lessons in our groundbreaking step-by-step Homer method for kids age 2-8
- Over 200+ stories in our award-winning library of eBooks
- 200+ Science and History lessons to build advanced knowledge
- Art and Music activities to foster creativity
- Easy-to-use, nurturing, supportive and fun
- 150+ Printable Worksheets, Learning Games and Activities for when screen time is over
- 60 First Readers - your child’s first books they can read on their own!
- Capture magic memories as Homer record’s their first books read for you!
“One of the most comprehensive apps for teaching reading.”
- New York Times
Shown to increase early reading scores by 74%
- The #1 Learn-to-Read Program for kids
- Just 15 minutes a day was shown to increase early reading scores by 74% in a recent study
- 2015 Winner of the Teacher’s Choice Gold Award
- Based on research by Harvard & Stanford professors
"In just six weeks, with no intervention from teachers, students who used Learn with Homer for 15 minutes per day improved the key skills most highly correlated with future reading success. That’s a big deal.”
- Dr. Susan B. Neuman, Former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Education, Professor of Early Childhood & Literacy Education, NYU
Try Homer for FREE for 30 days and pay only $7.99 per month after that! If you don’t love it, cancel anytime. Up to four kids can learn on the same account at no extra cost. Cultivate a love of reading in your child with the #1 Learn-to-Read Program for kids, with lessons and games shown to increase early reading scores by 74% in a recent study.
“I'm very impressed with this app, it's well thought out and is one of those rare iPad apps that are both highly educational and really fun… This program is the best value for my family.”
- Leon A., Dad
Throughout 2016, Homer is free to qualified and verified teachers and librarians to support instruction with progress tracking for up to 32 individual students. A recent study showed using Homer 15 minutes a day over a 6 week period nearly doubled scores on the Test of Preschool Early Literacy, making it perfect for whole and small-group instruction, resource rooms and libraries as the most reliable and effective app for teaching a child to read.
“I have LOVED having this wonderful resource right at my fingertips! … The content is rich and correlates with what the students are learning. I have had several teachers ask me about how they can use it in their classrooms! Everyone is so impressed, including the kids!”
- Amanda H., Elementary School Teacher
- The user receives 30-days free upon beginning membership
- Membership options include monthly (7.99/month) or yearly (79.99/year - 16% discount)
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Like all other Apple subscription apps, Homer cannot use family sharing to share subscriptions across family members
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- The user may manage subscriptions & turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Contact email@example.com for help