If your student is struggling with understanding the concepts of Geometry, you’ll be thrilled to know that higher grades are just a download away. There are many great geometry apps on the market today that can help them improve in a fun and friendly way. Easy to access and use, you’ll see a marked improvement with these popular geometry apps. From points, lines, and planes among other common concepts, the following 12 geometry apps for kids will give them the confidence they need to pass. Bring these apps into your home today, and combine them with concepts taught in school for the very best results from your child’s home and class work.
Shape Arts: Geometry Creations
Build geometry skills, creativity and problem-solving ability with this fun math app for ages 7+. Lumio Shape Arts will guide your students to create mermaids, spaceships or even fierce sharks with just 7 shapes. Go furry, aquatic, spiky or stumpy - the shape creations can be anything you can imagine which makes it a cool math game for children to learn with.
'Fabulous, fun, easy to navigate... The sheer fact that kids can make and share their own works of geometric art is genius!' - TeachersWithApps.com
This version has no in-app purchase and will work with the Volume Purchase Program for schools.
‘A fun way to get the brain working... enables children to experiment with shapes and get creative.’ - #fourlittletesters
MAKE, SOLVE, COLLECT!
Boost brain power and math skills while creating colorful geometric creatures, people and objects. Turn your creation into a cool puzzle for others to solve and take a picture of your masterpiece!
Be inspired by hundreds of new puzzles made by other mini Shape Artists. Fish, cats, warriors and dinosaurs - the possibilities are endless! Make and solve as many as you can to collect all the marbles! Currently used by teachers in their geometry lessons who are looking for fun math games to help their students understand and develop their geometry skills.
√ Make shape puzzles for others to solve
√ Aligned to the school curriculum for ages 6-10 years old
√ Hundreds of new math puzzles to play
√ See how many times puzzles are solved
√ Collect marbles as you progress through the math games
√ Works online and offline
√ Save a photo of your work
√ No in-app purchase
Immerse kids in rich visual thinking about shapes and their properties.
→ Math Skills: geometric thinking, spatial visualization and spatial rotation skills
→ Math Knowledge: 2-d shapes, shape attributes, rotation, symmetry, angles
→ Learning Skills: reasoning, problem-solving, creativity, making and sharing
WHAT TEACHERS NEED TO KNOW
* No in-app purchase
* No third-party advertising
* Gated Grown-ups area
Lumio is a collection of kids elearning educational apps targeting tricky math topics in fun ways.
The math apps introduce learners to key concepts using concrete models and familiar but quirky contexts. Abstract ideas come to life for kids using targeted touch interactions.
Lumio apps are fully tested with parents, teachers and kids. Find out more about our beta testing group at lumioeducation.com.
GeoCon HD is an educational game for the iPad. It is useful for students, teachers and math enthusiasts studying plane geometry since the geometric constructions of GeoCon HD are one of the most interesting and exciting areas of geometry. With GeoCon HD you will literally create and touch various constructions with your finger. In this way, an important part of geometry is made both tangible and interactive. It can even be fun!
Resolve construction tasks, discover new levels, gather achievements, compete with your friends and increase your mathematical reasoning skills and understanding with GeoCon HD. Have fun and learn at the same time!
- 38 levels in 4 categories provide something for everyone from a beginner to a skilled student
- levels can be completed in a multiple different ways – GeoCon HD is flexible!
- hints, user-friendly solutions and guidance are available in the app – GeoCon HD is a helpful and provides guidance.
- move, scale and rotate the canvas, and also move points to get a different perspective on the level. Of course, you can undo and redo any of your construction steps, so that new approaches can be tried without any stress.
- a Practice Mode is also available, providing a learning environment without the pressure of Game Mode
- achievements are available in the Game Center, providing a level of friendly competition.
Easy tutorial steps will teach you the basic geometric constructions: setting and moving points, constructing lines and circles, creating intersection points.
After the tutorials, there are 38 challenging levels with different complexity, which makes the game interesting for everyone no matter what their skills in geometry currently are.
All game levels are divided into four categories: Basic constructions, Line segments, Triangles and Circles. Completing these first levels provide you with new construction tools. These new tools make the completion of more complex levels less tedious – the same way a professional mathematician works.
As a reward for each level you will get a silver or golden medal. The golden medal is given for each level solved through a minimum possible number of moves. Stuck on some level or just want to find out how to solve it with the minimum number of moves? GeoCon HD provides hints for each level. If needed, in-app purchases can provide you with additional hints.
Game achievements are available for you in the Game Center. Compete with your friends in gathering these achievements. Some game levels have multiple solutions, and finding these additional solutions to a level will provide you with even more achievements
A Practice mode is also available. In Practice Mode all construction tools are available. You can use Practice Mode for studying the construction tools and resolving your own ideas prior to entering Game Mode.
Shapes - 3D Geometry Learning
Learn, teach and explore different types of 3D solids and help students understand geometry in a pleasant way.
'Shapes' uses the power of mobile devices to enhance teacher capabilities and provide possibilities to show things that cannot be shown with physical tools. It can help to create interest and enthusiasm in school mathematics classes at all levels.
The app was verified and approved by the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science at Adam Mickiewicz University of Poznan. It was specifically prepared to support the teacher in the classroom, but can also be used as a tool for self-study. From now on there is a save and print option available for each net so that the kids can explore solids outside the app and improve their manual skills as well.
Discover a fascinating world of solids like prisms, pyramids, solids of revolution and Platonic solids. Start from the simplest and gradually explore the most complex ones. Engage your students with a new Nets Creator mode. Let them build solids from scratch and discover hundreds of unique net combinations.
* * * * * *
The app won Appaward 2014 in education category, was awarded with a 4-star Educational App Store certification and became a proud member of Moms With Apps program!
- Select 27 unique shapes
- Choose from a variety of: prisms, pyramids, Platonic solids and solids of revolution
- Unfold shapes into different net combinations
- Learn about number of faces, edges and vertices for each solid
- Build solids from scratch in Nets Creator mode
- Explore transparent surfaces mode
- Highlight the vertices and edges
- Color selected elements
- Use simple gesture control
- Rotate the shapes in any direction
- Zoom in and out by pinch and spread gestures
- Align to basic position by double tap
- Save and print chosen net
Note: ‘Shapes’ does not contain advertising, in-app purchases or any other downloadable content.
If having any problems or suggestions you can reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit our website: www.shapes.learnteachexplore.com
'Geometry is perhaps the most elementary of the sciences that enable man, by purely intellectual processes, to make predictions (based on observation) about physical world.' - H. M. S. Coxeter
Dragon Shapes - Lumio Geometry...
Solve math puzzles and unlock the legend of Dragon Shapes!
'Highly recommended... fun, challenging and teaches new skills' - theimum.com
'Drop dead gorgeous apps you don’t want your kids to miss... Perfect skills for today’s kids to be immersed in!' - TeachersWithApps.com
'The production quality is excellent, with plenty of charm.' - appsplayground.com
Four academic levels of difficulty follow the story of the Shape Arts Master and his quest to rescue the village’s dragon.
Each level offers a structured sequence of geometric puzzles themed to the characters from the story: butterfly, turtle, mountain goat and dragon.
This app supports learners with problem solving and reasoning as they progress through a fun puzzle pathway. Children gain an intuitive sense for geometric relationships and boost their thinking skills at the same time.
BENEFITS FOR LEARNERS
* Improved confidence with math
* Knowledge and vocab for shapes and attributes
* An intuitive sense for geometric relationships
* Spatial awareness, visualisation and rotation skills
√ Aligned to school curriculum for ages 6 to 10
√ 4 difficulty levels from basic to advanced
√ Full access to all 80 puzzles
√ Animated story chapters between levels
√ Unlock the story, puzzles and levels as you progress
√ Themed characters add fun and adventure
√ See your puzzle progress on the pathway
√ Inspired by the ancient Chinese tangram puzzle
√ Developed with teachers
√ Targeted content and hints for every puzzle
The app is free with 1 in-app purchase for full access to all 80 puzzles. All educational content is developed with pedagogy experts and aligned to the school curriculum.
* Fully tested with families
* Child-friendly design
* Full info on learning objectives
WHAT GROWN-UPS NEED TO KNOW
* Contains 1 in-app purchase behind parental gate
* No third-party advertising
* Parent's Guide in Grown-Ups area
Lumio is a collection of kids educational apps targeting tricky math topics in fun ways.
The apps introduce learners to key concepts using concrete models and familiar but quirky contexts. Abstract ideas come to life for kids using targeted touch interactions.
Lumio apps are fully tested with parents, teachers, and kids. Find out more about our beta testing group at lumiokids.com.
* Jungle Education featured by Apple in "Back to School", "Apps for Kids", "What's Hot" and "New & Noteworthy"
* Featured by the New York Times
* TOP 10 OUTSTANDING App developer --www.TeachersWithApps.com
* "A trio of stellar apps…His choice of topics couldn't be better” --www.TeachersWithApps.com
* Recipient of Parents’ Choice Award
* Named one of the top 8 apps for Back to School - www.funEducationalApps.com
* "(5 out of 5 stars) For visual learners this is a gem. I really liked the hands on approach of Jungle Geometry and it gets a big thumbs up from this Mom." — www.theiphoneMom.com
* "This is a great app, with a wide variety of different geometry and measurement tasks” — iLessonLady
* “This app is a great teaching tool and one I’ll utilize in my own classroom.” — www.funEducationalApps.com
* "Jungle Geometry has done a fabulous job simplifying a subject that can be very confusing to kids." — www.smartAppsForKids.com
Jungle Geometry is an engaging, easy to use educational app that teaches kids geometry in multiple languages. Topics include lines, 2D shapes, 3D shapes, angles, and measuring with a ruler and protractor.
● Multi-lingual talking app
● Animal faces smile and roar in a fun jungle theme
● Unlimited fresh problems every time
● Multiple levels for beginner to advanced learners
Easy to Use
● Beautiful, easy to read graphics and drawings
● Move and rotate the ruler and protractor easily
● Tutorials for beginners
● Multiple ruler settings (measure from edge/zero; inches/cm)
● Measure lines and shape dimensions using a ruler
● Identify types of lines (line segment, ray, line)
● Identify line pairs (parallel, intersecting, perpendicular)
● Identify shapes (2D, 3D)
● Measure angles using a protractor
● Identify types of angles (acute, right, obtuse, etc)
● Calculate complementary and supplementary angles
● Score tracks progress
● Multi-User support
● Show history of problems
Geoboard, by The Math Learning...
Geoboard is a tool for exploring a variety of mathematical topics introduced in the elementary and middle grades. Learners stretch bands around the pegs to form line segments and polygons and make discoveries about perimeter, area, angles, congruence, fractions, and more.
This virtual version of the manipulative is an open-ended educational tool, ideal for elementary classrooms and other learning environments that use iPod Touches, iPhones, or iPads.
• Create line segments and polygons by stretching bands around the Geoboard’s pegs.
• Choose from 5 different band colors; 8 band colors on the iPad.
• Fill individual shapes with a transparent color, or use the Fill All button to toggle all the bands between filled and unfilled.
• Switch between the standard 25-peg square board, a rectangular board with 150 pegs, or a circular board with 13 pegs. The circular board enables explorations with angles, fractions, and time measurement.
• Duplicate shapes then move, rotate, or flip them to explore symmetry and congruency.
• Change the color of selected bands.
• Display grid lines with or without numbering to more easily calculate area and identify shape locations.
• Use the drawing tools to annotate work and show understanding
• Write equations and expressions with the text tool.
For more Geoboard resources, a web and Windows version, and other apps, visit:www.mathlearningcenter.org/apps
To learn about Bridges in Mathematics, an elementary curriculum that employs visual models such as the geoboard, please visit: www.mathlearningcenter.org/bridges/overview
This app is brought to you by The Math Learning Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to K-12 math education since 1976. Visit us at: www.mathlearningcenter.org
The Geoboard app was made possible by a generous donation from Dr. David Moursund.
This app was crafted by Clarity Innovations. We help improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education. Visit us at: www.clarity-innovations.com
My Geometric Universe
Your child can use the pencil, ruler, compass and set square to draw lots of different geometric shapes! The shapes can then be cut out and used to build real objects! Once these objects have been created, they can be placed in any of the three magical universes: The Kid's Room, Ancient Egypt or the Middle Ages.
Chocolapps apps promote your child's development because they help to improve observation and concentration skills, and give your child a sense of independence.
Join the Chocolapps community!
On Facebook: www.facebook.com/Chocolappsintl
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/chocolapps
On Google+: http://bit.ly/GPlusChocolapps
On Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/chocolapps
On Youtube: http://bit.ly/YouTubeChocolapps
Contact us by email: contact@chocolapps
DragonBox Elements - Geometry ...
DragonBox Elements: the game that secretly teaches geometry.
Embark on a great learning adventure! Discover the fundamentals of geometry with your family! Watch your kids learn geometry in a matter of hours, without them even noticing they’re learning! (main learning features below)
By playing the 100+ puzzles in DragonBox Elements, kids (and adults, too) will gain a deep understanding of the logic of geometry. Through entertaining exploration and discovery, players use shapes and their properties to actually recreate the mathematical proofs that define geometry!
Whimsical characters and captivating puzzles motivate players to keep learning. Since the geometry in the game remains hidden, kids learn and gain confidence even if mathematics is a subject they don’t usually feel comfortable with. Amazing fun with amazing results!
DragonBox Elements takes its inspiration from “Elements”, one of the most influential works in the history of mathematics. Written by the Greek mathematician Euclid, "Elements" describes the foundations of geometry using a singular and coherent framework. Its 13 volumes have served as a reference textbook for over 23 centuries, and DragonBox Elements makes it possible for players to master its essential axioms and theorems after just a couple of hours playing!
* Learn as a family, through guidance and collaborative play, with up to 4 individual game saves
* 100+ levels, for several hours of intensive logical reasoning practice
* Aligned with the concepts studied in high school and middle school mathematics
* Explore the properties of geometric shapes through Euclidian proof: triangles (scalene, isosceles, equilateral, right), circles, quadrilaterals (trapezoid, parallelogram, rhombus, rectangle, square), right angles, line segments, parallel and transversal lines, vertical angles, corresponding angles, corresponding angles converse, and more
* Improve logical reasoning skills dramatically by creating mathematical proofs and solving geometrical puzzles
* Gain an instinctive understanding of the properties of shapes and angles through play
* Transfer what you have learned to pen and paper with the learning resources found on wewanttoknow.com
Recommended from age 8 (the guidance of an adult may be required for younger children)
Mathlingz Geometry 1 - Educati...
Are you ready for an exciting adventure with Mathlingz – friendly creatures living in a land of mathematics? Forget about boredom and discover how fascinating math can be!
Mathlingz Geometry 1 offers 12 math activities for children aged 8–11, facilitating numeracy skills practice. The app is easy to navigate and it is child-friendly. All activities have been designed to educate and entertain at the same time. The content was compiled by editors of award-winning mathematics textbook series with over 20 years of experience in educational publishing.
MATHLINGZ = LEARNING + FUN
Mathlingz is efficient, because children:
• learn and have fun
• develop math skills in particular learning areas
• train memory and logical thinking
• solve activities that put emphasis on the practical use of math in everyday situations
• play mini games that have a strong focus on reasoning and problem-solving
• stay constantly engaged, because the examples are different at each attempt
Mathlingz is entertaining, because it:
• contains high-quality and very child-friendly design with lots of intriguing and funny characters
• has various stories for the different activities
• shows funny surprising animations after correct answers
Learning areas of Mathlingz Geometry 1:
• triangles, rectangles and their vertices
• congruent shapes
• identifying types of polygons
• identifying types of angles
Cyberchase 3D Builder
AN AWESOME 3D GEOMETRY GAME FROM CYBERCHASE! Introducing a 3D puzzle game starring Buzz and Delete from CYBERCHASE. For best results, close all background applications!
Bumbling bots Buzz and Delete accidentally zapped the houses in Botopolis totally flat. Help rebuild the town by turning 2D shapes into 3D structures.
8 unique levels with increasing challenges.
Over 70 flat 2D shapes transform into 40 3D structures.
MATCH THE PICTURE
Stack, re-stack and rotate shapes until they match your goal structure.
As levels increase, select which 2D shapes will make your goal structure.
The faster you complete each building, the more stars you earn. Replay buildings and levels to score a faster time. At the end of the game, a surprise awaits.
CYBERCHASE 3D Builder is designed for children ages 6-9, but it is truly a game for all ages! Players will understand how 3-dimensional geometric shapes are made from simple 2-dimensional shapes (such as squares, triangles and rectangles). The game also helps develop spatial reasoning skills and the ability to visualize and manipulate objects in 3-dimensional space.
Touch screen technology, coupled with a fully interactive visual display, offer a direct connection between tactile learning and 3D visualization. Throughout the game, Buzz and Delete provide audio support, and players can also tap the Help button for more assistance.
ABOUT CYBERCHASE 3D BUILDER
CYBERCHASE 3D Builder was produced by THIRTEEN in association with WNET and in partnership with PBS KIDS. Game design and development by Curious Media.
CYBERCHASE, the Emmy Award®-winning math series for kids 8 to 11, shows kids that math is everywhere and everyone can be good at it.
This game was funded by a grant from the Department of Education and is designed to supplement national standards for first and second grade math curricula.
Find more CYBERCHASE games and videos online:
For Kids: http://pbskids.org/cyberchase/
For Parents: http://pbsparents.org/cyberchase
Montessori Geometry - Recogni...
The best way to learn shapes in 2D and 3D!
Do you remember ever wondering why you were studying geometry at school? Montessori Geometry was designed by Montessori teachers to ensure that your child will never have these doubts! Not only will this app make him/her realize that geometrical shapes are everywhere but it will also make him/her proud to be able to recognize and name them.
5 Stars - CommonSense Media "Montessori Geometry surprises with how much detailed math learning can be stuffed into such a fun package"
"The most comprehensive geometry app we have seen to date." - KinderTown.com
"Editor's Favorite" - AppySmarts
"A super in-depth app with multiple levels of instruction for students. Top pick!" - Fun Educational apps
"A well-crafted early geometry app" Tinybop.com
Features & Pedagogical content:
- 6 different “families” of shapes (23 shapes in total)
- Beautiful 3D shapes
- Precise vocabulary: the app teaches the shapes’ real names
- Easy to read definitions (Shape Glossary)
- Self-correcting activities for increased autonomy and self-confidence
- 6 different games to learn and have fun
- Enchanting graphics and characters: Tam & Tao, our adorable globe-trotter twins
- Increased motivation through medals
- 15 languages
- Detailed information in the Note to parents
- Retina display
- Universal app: works on iPhone/iPod touch and iPad
If you like Montessori Geometry, you will also like all our other award-winning educational apps:
Recommended ages: 5 to 10 years old (but we are sure that parents will also learn new words!)
If you have questions or comments on our app, please email us at email@example.com as we cannot answer reviews left in iTunes.
We take personal data protection very seriously. When using our app, your child will never come across:
-links to social networks
-personal data request
Edoki Academy’s mission is to provide children with engaging digital environments using the latest technologies. Our team members, many of whom are young parents or teachers, strive to produce tools that motivate and inspire children to learn, play, and progress.
CONNECT WITH US!
If you have any support requests, comments, or questions do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Edoki Academy Online Community at edokiacademy.com. We’d love to hear from you!
Samantha Kotey is the editor for AvatarGeneration and has a background in educational technology and virtual worlds. A mom of two, she is passionate about all things related to toys and technology.