Polar, the leader in heart rate monitoring and fitness assessment technologies, has launched the Polar GoFit iPad app, a solution for physical education teachers facing the challenge of objectively evaluating students based on their individual efforts in PE class. The new app works with the Polar H7 Bluetooth® heart rate sensor, which allows teachers to easily track and monitor each student’s effort through heart rate and provide one-on-one guidance.
Since the early 1990s, Polar has been the leader in equipping PE programs with tools and technology to quantify and evaluate students’ fitness. Collectively, Polar education technology is used in more than 10,000 K-12 PE programs across the United States.
“Polar products and technologies are utilized by students and teachers in classrooms and playing fields across the globe,” saidHerb Baer, Polar USA president. “With the new Polar GoFit app, PE teachers can easily see how students are doing during class, track their progress throughout the school year and use the data as a motivator.”
With Polar GoFit PE teachers can:
- See up to 40 students’ heart rates on the screen during a PE lesson and guide the whole class in real time or each student individually
- Individualize instruction to allow students to work at a safe heart rate
- Analyze and evaluate the lesson afterward with polargofit.com web service based on objective individualize data
- Teach students the health benefits of exercising at different intensities
- Motivate students to lead a healthy and active lifestyle and give them access to their own data from any online computer
With the Polar GoFit app, students can enjoy PE lessons and meet fitness-based targets at the same time. Students can also learn how sustaining certain heart rate zones can improve long-term health and fitness levels.
Schools can most benefit from this new app by purchasing an annual license to the polargofit.com web service. This allows teachers to store classroom training information and grade their students based on their individual efforts.
The Polar GoFit app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store for free. In order to track and save heart rate data, each student needs to wear a Polar H7 Bluetooth heart rate sensor. The sensor can also be used with many other Polar products, both inside of school and out. The H7 Bluetooth heart rate sensors can be purchased in a special 10-unit bundle from Polar.
Source: Press Release