GoStrengths! Launches Online Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Program For Schools
GoStrengths!®, creator of resources for teaching life skills to kids 8-16, has launched a new suite of online social and emotional learning (SEL) programs designed to meet classroom and individualized instruction. Already in use by schools and parents nationwide, GoStrengths! empowers kids with the life skills they need to bounce back from challenges, deal with bullies, set achievable goals, develop character strengths, and boost overall happiness.
Toward the goals of academic and life success, GoStrengths! provides a 10-module, research-based social and emotional learning (SEL) program for students ages 8-16. Each learning module comes alive with interactive activities to keep students motivated and engaged. GoStrengths!’ evidence-based approach easily adapts to classroom and/or home instruction, with each self-guiding module requiring about 20-30 minutes to complete. Teachers report that their students love watching the step-by-step lessons and amusing animations in each module.
Noteworthy to educators:
- The research-based program focuses on 8 core skills including goal-setting, problem-solving, resilience, optimistic thinking, character strength development, emotional intelligence, social connections, and self-confidence.
- Students login at school or home, engaging in interactive lessons or navigating over 150 fun, life-relevant animations that extend and anchor the learning experience.
- Teachers gain access to built-in training, lesson plans, worksheets, and interactive games.
- GoStrengths!’ prescribed curriculum meets all state-level character education mandates.
Why it matters:
- A 2011 study of over 270,000 students using 213 school-based, universal social and emotional learning (SEL) programs found that those students who receive SEL instruction not only had more positive attitudes about school, they also improved an average of 11 % on standardized tests compared to students who did not receive such instruction.
“Meaningful learning takes place when we incorporate GoStrengths! material into other areas of teaching. When kids are able to relate the GoStrengths! skills to resonating experiences they are having in life, the real learning takes place. GoStrengths! helps make that possible.” ~Andy Smallman, Director, Puget Sound Community School
- Research informing GoStrengths! program: http://www.gostrengths.com/the-research/
- Society for Research in Child Development 2011 Meta-Analysis: http://bit.ly/landmarkSELstudy
- Module-by-module course details: http://www.gostrengths.com/course-details/
Source: Press Release