Experience Life iPad App: The Human Body
Experience Life: an indispensable educational application to learn the functions of the senses, the nervous system and the musculoskeletal system easily.
After the success of The Miracle of Life, IDi Creative presents a new application about the mechanism of the human body. Now discover the workings of your senses, brain, muscles and bones with simple and interactive explanations which turns learning into an enjoyable and entertaining process. A fun game compliments this surprising educational application.
Experience Life is a complete educational application on the vital role of the nervous system’s response to external stimuli, specially designed to complement education of children in primary and secondary school.
The nervous system’s response to external stimuli, the key to survival, consists in receiving stimuli via the senses, sending the information to the nervous system for processing, and in this way, preparing the responses the musculoskeletal system carries out.
Available in English and in Spanish, the development of this application was supervised by educational and medical professionals toexplain the workings of THE SENSES, the NERVOUS SYSTEM, and the MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM in an enjoyable and entertaining way.
Taking advantage of iPad functionalities, it has interactive illustrations, games and animations which reveal an entirely new approach to learning. Its innovative navigation moves forward in a natural environment, associating educational content with the capabilities of certain animals. This catches the user’s attention and motivates interaction designed to improve learning.
The contents are grouped in 3 sections:
- The five senses are explained from an innovative and attractive point of view.
- We learn the function of vision, how we hear, and which sensors detect a cavity or a pinch on our skin. Also how we perceive smells and how flavors do not depend solely on our tongues.
- The nervous system directs and coordinates our body, a complex topic explained in a simple way.
- Discover how information gathered by our senses is transmitted to the central nervous system and how this information is processed. Learn the difference between actions we carry out consciously and those which our bodies carry out automatically.
- The musculoskeletal system allows movement, in addition to shaping and supporting our body and internal organs. Learn the function and main parts of muscles, bones and joints.
The application is complemented by a fun game: Sense Ninja. To become a ninja master you have to dominate the five senses. Only then can you cut fruits and vegetables with the speed of a tiger, the hearing of a leopard, a serpent’s sense of touch, a dragon’s sense of smell, and a crane’s sense of taste.
“Educational applications like Experience Life aid learning tremendously and are very gratifying for educators.”
María Prieto Magdalena, Professor.
“After the enthusiastic reception of The Miracle of Life, we created a standard for high quality…and we sincerely believe we have surpassed it..”
Development Team, Imaxina Novas Tecnoloxías