- Posted in Educational Apps
Fingerprint Digital is an edutainment gaming startup that creates engaging apps for kids aged 3 -8 Years. Seven new apps will be added to their growing library of free-to-play learning apps for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch that teach everything from money management to reading readiness to character values.
To date, Fingerprint fans have logged nearly 40 million minutes of play time –learning their colors, shapes, geography, math, science, reading, history and more.
“Families with young kids own on average 10 devices. And, today, savvy parents are requiring that screen time be meaningful – equal parts educational and play,” said Nancy MacIntyre, CEO of Fingerprint. “With our new crop of Fingerprint apps, we are cementing our brand in the minds of parents and the hearts of children as the go-to destination for fun and learning – especially as so many kids will be unwrapping a new mobile device this holiday season.”
Every Fingerprint app promotes academic, social and emotional skills with a heavy dose of fun. Fingerprint’s newest releases, available in December, include:
- Scribble My Story (ages 3-8): Based on the award-winning Scribble Press app for iPad, this new app lets the youngest readers write, illustrate, and customize their own stories. Kids can customize their very own audio stories or create a book based on Fingerprint’s wildly popular Big Kid Life or Whole Wide World Adventure. (iPad only)
- Green$treets: Unleash the Loot! (ages 5-8): The brainchild of Neale Godfrey, creator and leader in the “Kids and Money” field and bestselling author, this app teaches kids goal setting, budgeting, the value of money, and financial decision making while saving the planet. (Available now)
- Panda Panda No More Mess (ages 3-6): A fun sorting game and interactive book that teaches shapes and colors. Children help Panda, a happy little bear armed with a vacuum, clean up by dragging and dropping toys, blocks, clothes and even snacks into the right toy chests.
- Step-by-Story: The VeggieTales Collection® (ages 3-6): Featuring the beloved characters from VeggieTales, this Step-by-Story collection helps kids associate words, sounds and pictures in preparation for reading. Plus, the apps focus on key character values (i.e., share your gifts, use your imagination, make new friends). The new collection includes The Goofy Gift, Thanks for the Franks, Larry’s Missing Music, and I am That Hero!