Research: Creative Classrooms & 21st Century Teachers
eLearning Papers is a digital publication initiative of the European Commission, which publishes information on elearning research in Europe including research on technologies, pedagogy, process, quality and evaluation, eInclusion, and learning environments.
It has recently released an interesting set of papers on Creative Classrooms and 21st Century Teachers. The issue spotlights new research and classroom practices that illustrate how new learning technologies have affected teachers’ professional environments.
We were particularly interested in the papers that investigated how Croatian teachers were taught how to use Web 2.0 tools, and a case study of a school website and how it helped interaction between parents, students and schools. This publication would be well worth bookmarking to keep an eye on future research.
The set includes:
- Training Teachers to Use Web 2.0 Tools
- Innovating Teaching and Learning Practices: Key Elements for Developing Creative Classrooms in Europe
- Leveraging Trust to Support Online Learning Creativity – A Case Study
- Academic Staff Development in the Area of Technology Enhanced Learning in UK HEIs
- Enhancing Online Student Engagement
- Website – A Partnership between Parents, Students and Schools