Rubrics for Evaluating Educational Apps
How do you choose the best educational app for your classroom? Check out this great post from Tony Vincent on LearningHand, sharing his own rubric to help teachers evaluate educational apps and other rubric resources.
Spotlighted in the Rubric are:
The app’s focus has a strong connection to the purpose for the app and appropriate for the student
App offers complete flexibility to alter content and settings to meet student needs
Student is provided specific feedback
- Thinking Skills
App encourages the use of higher order thinking skills including creating, evaluating, and analyzing
Student is highly motivated to use the app
Specific performance summary or student product is saved in app and can be exported to the teacher or for an audience
- Education App Evaluation Rubric by Tony Vincent.
- Educational App Evaluation Checklist by Tony Vincent.
- Critical Evaluation of an iPad/iPod App by Kathy Schrock.
- The Mobile App Review Checklist by Palm Beach County Schools and Edudemic.com.
- Mobile Application Selection Rubric by eSkillsLearning.net
- iEvaluate Apps for Special Needs by Jeannette Van Houten.
- iPad App Assessment Rubric for Librarians by the Chicago Public Schools Department of Libraries.
- The Arizona Technology Integration Matrix
- The Florida Technology Integration Matrix