Last Updated: September 7, 2016
- Posted in Learning Games
We’re having a games based learning themed day here at AvatarGeneration! Check out 25 Terrific Online Games for English Language Learners sent in by Onlinecollegecourses.com
English language learners fall into two categories — native speakers and those pursuing it via ESL/EFL instruction (or self-instruction!). But both demographics can build up their skills, no matter their age or proficiency, through game-based learning. The Internet, in its infinite providence, does not disappoint when it comes to hosting effective resources for teaching and reviewing the core components of the English language. Here’s a few particularly useful games or, more accurately in most cases, suites of games.
- Power Words
- LearnEnglish Kids
- Funbrain Words
- Vocabulary at ManyThings.org
- ESL Fun Games Online
- Dora’s Alphabet Forest Adventure
- EnglishClub ESL Games
- Spelling & Word Relationships at Academic Skill Builders
- Lord of the Flies
- Word Games at Games for the Brain
- Building Language for Literacy
- Grammar Ninja
- Word Games at Merriam-Webster
- Language Arts Games at Mr. Nussbaum
- Word Games at Pogo.com
- Tracy Boyd’s Quia
- Grammar Practice Park
- Literacy at BBC Schools
- Reading Ring
- ABC Order
- Language Arts at iKnowthat.com
- Power Proofreading
- The ABC’s Zoo Learning Game
- Making Language Arts Fun: An Online Guide
- FunSchool: Language Games for Kids
- The Effortless English Blog – Hundreds of free resources, videos and podcasts.
- LearnEnglish Kids – Free online games to help children learn English the fun way.
- English Grammar Basics – 30 lessons on the principles of grammar.