When it comes to managing your time, your smartphone or tablet can be a valuable resource. Apps have been designed to make it easy for you to create a schedule, remember important information and stay on top of deadlines. Whether you’re a student who is just learning to manage time or an adult who wants to improve the quality of your life, you need at least one of these top 5 apps for time management.
1. Things is a popular program for Macs that has been adapted for your smartphone. With Things, simply enter items onto your to-do list, place them in the correct list and keep up with all of the things you have to do. Categories such as “scheduled” and “someday” allow you to put items on your to-do list way into the future or save them until you’re ready to take action. The app uses your to-dos to create a daily schedule or to-do list and allows you to add, delete or move items from that list each day.
2. Checklist Wrangler allows you to create multiple checklists at once and will even auto-create checklists for lists that repeat on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Its design makes it an app that works for students, with homework and other activities, and teachers, who need to organize class schedules, assignments and other aspects of their lives. You can add details, print checklists to have a hard copy and even e-mail them to family and friends to share responsibilities or have added accountability.
3. With ToodleDo, you will never miss a deadline again, whether it’s a homework assignment or a special report due. This app allows you to add alarms to your smartphone or have them texted, e-mailed or tweeted so you do not miss items on your to-do list. By categorizing and asking key details about your tasks, ToodleDo also helps you work smarter. It analyzes your tasks and makes suggestions to help you prioritize and, thereby, maximize your time.
4. Instead of a traditional to-do list, BugMe turns your smartphone into a corkboard and allows you to add sticky notes. Not only does it look cool, but it works well for the person who does not do well with a normal to-do list. Use different types of sticky notes for different activities, write multiple lists on one sticky note or write only one note. It’s up to you.
5. For students at all levels, myHomework makes it easy to keep everything together. From organizing class schedules to keeping track of due dates, it’s the ideal time management app for students. Access assignments and schedules online or using a smartphone. Receive due date reminders to make sure projects are completed on time.
Even if you are already organized, you can benefit from these time management apps. As students use these apps, they will develop organizational skills, learn to manage their time and stay on top of assignments, which could help improve their academic performance. Others will learn to maximize their time and relieve the stress that comes with forgetting deadlines or not staying on schedule.